• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Same seeds, same pots, same conditions but, different plants...

Could someone explain this?
It's Chocolate Cherry Tomato, dunno how this happened but difference is bigger every day...
They are in DIY SWC containers and growing in exactly the same conditions.

side by side
dsc02453it.jpg

right one from the top, darker green color, beautiful leaves...
dsc02454l.jpg

left one from the top, picture says everything...
dsc02455m.jpg

Well, the reasons for the differences are endless, but here are a few likely candidates:

(1) Which direction are the plants oriented? Assuming the positioning in the photo is how they are normally placed, the one on the right may be shading the one on the left.

(2) Could be differences in the quality of the initial seeds or the bucket substrates...

(3) The one on the left looks like it could use some watering - maybe uneven attention to the different plants (i.e. the ever-present threat of grower error)

Nearly everytime I give advice, it seems to be something else...so take my advice with a grain of salt...

first of all, thank you for your answer.

(1) they both have plenty of southern and western sun, no question about that

(2) well, that could be the reason, of course

(3) no way, they are both in SWC (you can see water level indicator, white thing going through the pipe) and I look for it all the time because tomatoes are thirsty plants.

we'll see what will happen in the future...

The seeds may well be from two different fruits, one could have been picked during the optimal time for seed developement, the other could have been picked slightly earlier...

Hard to say.

The other fruit could have been picked from a scrawny plant.

OR you could have just won the genetic roulette lottery, some weird non-lethal mutation that just affects growth/production.

I am curious to to know what a swc container. I they look close to the earth bucket, so i am curious if they are the same.

Back