San Diego - New Grower - Can't stop!

Hello Pepper Friends, 

Not sure how it happened, but I can’t stop growing peppers . Here are 9 of the 11 varieties of peppers I have been growing:
Buena Mulata Pepper.
Trinidad Moruga Scorpion (x2)
Chile de árbol. (x3)
Red Habanero
Regular? Habanero
Black Cobra Pepper, or Goat’s Weed Pepper
Cayenne pepper (x3)
Serrano pepper
Labeled “Bombero Hot Pepper” I am not exactly sure of the species but likely Capsicum annuum variety..

(Shishito and Fresno peppers not shown).

I am now trying to start several more varieties from seed ( including several supper hots ) .

from Amazon:
tabasco peppers.
Extra long red Cayennes.
Purple Cayennes.
regular Jalapeños.
Ghost peppers.
Peach ghost peppers.
Purple ghost peppers.
Carolina Reapers. (Maybe worlds hottest)
Special 3 color Carolina Reapers.
Trinidad Moruga scorpions.
From a work friend:
4 color lightning Habaneros.
Chocolate 7 Pot Primo.
SRTSL Trinidad scorpion. 
X-hot New Mexico Hatch peppers

Trying to upload a photo

-BLewis

blewis2020 said:
How do I upload a photo !?

With the "Reply to this topic" box open click on More Reply Options - Click on Choose File - then navigate to the folder you store your pix in - choose the pic & click Open - click on Attach this file then Attach This File...

vSQt1bg.gif

The_NorthEast_ChileMan said:

With the "Reply to this topic" box open click on More Reply Options - Click on Choose File - then navigate to the folder you store your pix in - choose the pic & click Open - click on Attach this file then Attach This File...

vSQt1bg.gif
Exactly this, but I doubt think it works using mobile version. You may need to click the use full version button first. As someone already mentioned buy seeds from a reputable vendor. Too many people sell seeds that are of totally different varieties than advertised or with terrible germination. At any rate the seeds you have may very well be perfect.

1st 10 peppers I got from nursery. (sunshine gardens Encinitas )

In a box made of 12" inch redwood lumber  10 feet long.

Peppers are in Plant logic 10 liter drainage collection pots ( I highly recommend if you like nerdy pots for plants). I have it set up so all the drainage flows into pot that is growing a Passion Fruit that is now working its way up and around the fence. 

Attachments

• 82988762_959427891146134_5030154896169422324_n.jpg
    82988762_959427891146134_5030154896169422324_n.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 70
from nursery labeled "hot chameleon "  I hope the the purple changes color . This one is my favorite in terms of looks...

from nursery Chile arbol : one of 3 I have growing

Both from amazon : Two Trinidad scorpion moruga's (came 3 inches tall with "Pepper Joe's" tags)

Attachments

• IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    145.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2281.jpeg
    IMG_2281.jpeg
    156.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2282.jpeg
    IMG_2282.jpeg
    136.4 KB · Views: 78
from nursery labeled "Red Habanero"

from nursery labeled "Black Cobra Pepper" : My second favorite so far. I bought another and added it too my new hydroponic system (post on that soon )

from nursery labeled Cayenne pepper: One of three plants growing ! First Pepper to turn red !

Attachments

• IMG_2283.jpeg
    IMG_2283.jpeg
    136.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2285.jpeg
    IMG_2285.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_2286.jpeg
    IMG_2286.jpeg
    119.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2284.jpeg
    IMG_2284.jpeg
    153.5 KB · Views: 83
From nursery labeled “Bombero Hot Pepper” I am not exactly sure of the species but likely Capsicum annuum variety based on similarities in structure to black cobra 

I would really like some help identifying this one... I'll post pics once I get some peppers on it !

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpeg
    IMG_2289.jpeg
    135 KB · Views: 84
"

Exactly this, but I doubt think it works using mobile version. You may need to click the use full version button first. As someone already mentioned buy seeds from a reputable vendor. Too many people sell seeds that are of totally different varieties than advertised or with terrible germination. At any rate the seeds you have may very well be perfect.
"

Hi Mr. Joe ,
Sadly I have not had any success yet from the seeds I got from a work friend ( although if I peak at the seed they seem to be swelling). It might because I planted them before reading about the benefits of high temp / humidity for germination. So they were out side at night for a week or so in san digeo (not to cold but maybe 55-60 lowest). Anyways now they warm and humid I hope they snap out of it and germinate. Some very cool peppers from a pepper expert. 

But many of the amazon.com seeds have sprouted on time or earlier then a week, the rest probably need more time ! But you are right who knows the actual strain I am getting ... next time (maybe soon once spots in my seed germination tray open up) I will order from PuckerButt Pepper Company. Or maybe some other great place you recommend !??? 

So far these have sprouted at least :
purple cayennes (from davids garden seeds)
Cayenne Joe's Long  (from davids garden seeds)
Tabsco ( from Isla's Garden Seeds) 
Moruga Scorpion Pepper ( from magic plant, it came in a can with little pellets as growing media)

​I also bought a variety pack of seeds with 16 different kinds of peppers (~50 seeds came in pack that advertised 30 seeds). They were are mixed together so I am going to try to identify the pepper before the fruit appears as a game ! ... they should be sprouting soon !

Attachments

• IMG_2370.jpeg
    IMG_2370.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_2369.jpeg
    IMG_2369.jpeg
    110 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2368.jpeg
    IMG_2368.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 76
The start of my hydroponic grow! Hoping to supercharge the grow and production of these.....

From top left clockwise around we have : Padron, black cobra, orange scotch bonnet , Caribbean red habanero , Carolina Reaper and pepperoncini. I wanted to mix in some low heat varieties for everyday eating and for my wife to eat. 

I will be adding more to the hydro system as my seedlings grow out of their small rock wool cubes.

flora flex kit ~$130 on amazon, tank and tray $90 used from Facebook market place, Peppers at $4 each from nursery.  The owner/manager must love peppers there's always a great variety at least 20 types each time I go there (sunshine gardens in Encinitas). Pepper and herb nutrient mix from greenway biotech $20  for 200 gallons worth of powder (tank is 50 gallons). Haven't decided how often I'll replace the the nutrients solution ... somewhere between 2-5 weeks between swaps I think... still learning.

O and  bluetooth WYZE switch on power plug for pump  (2 for $15 at Home Depot). I can set all sorts of schedules with the app on my phone. 

And SAFTEY FIRST (mentioned last) :  GFCI protected extension cord (no nation outside outlets) ~ $20 amazon 

Attachments

• IMG_2354 2.jpg
    IMG_2354 2.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 75
ze_test said:
Hello
Welcome
Be careful with amazon you have to know the seller or you can get a different variety... -.-
BUT When you NEED more seeds NOW. They will be at your door in less the 48 hours. lol .... you're totally right though 

There is a vendor section on this forum with recommendations on seed sources. There is a good chance the seeds you have are perfectly fine ( we will know soon).

I like sunshine growers I've been took their Ontario location many times.

Back