SASBE Time - Volante Peach (C. annuum) - 10 seeds - 10 spots

This year I grew one that seemed pretty unusual that a friend from overseas sent to me.  It's an extremely compact plant that puts out pods growing upwards.  I say unusual as the pods ripen to peach, which is very, very uncommon for an annuum.   Heat is maybe 4 of 10.  Flavor wasn't too bad either.  

I will give around 10 seeds each to the first 10 posters on this thread.  If you want in please post here indicating so and drop me a private message to get the address to mail the envelope to.   The rules are you must supply a self-addressed stamped envelope that contains enough loose postage to be to able to cover shipping back to you (usually same as you put on the original envelope). Include return address label and a bag/envelope pre-labeled with the variety name I can reference.  I am drying the seeds right now so they should be ready in 5-7 days.

Offer is open to Continental U.S. members only at this time.    

Chris

Attachments

• Volante Peach.jpg
    Volante Peach.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 196
Oh man, I'd love in on this....! Thank you very much!!! I was wondering about the peach-annuum situation because I think I've only seen one peach Frutescens, too...not sure how common those are, either.

Thanks again!

cmpman1974 said:
This year I grew one that seemed pretty unusual that a friend from overseas sent to me.  It's an extremely compact plant that puts out pods growing upwards.  I say unusual as the pods ripen to peach, which is very, very uncommon for an annuum.   Heat is maybe 4 of 10.  Flavor wasn't too bad either.  

I will give around 10 seeds each to the first 10 posters on this thread.  If you want in please post here indicating so and drop me a private message to get the address to mail the envelope to.   The rules are you must supply a self-addressed stamped envelope that contains enough loose postage to be to able to cover shipping back to you (usually same as you put on the original envelope). Include return address label and a bag/envelope pre-labeled with the variety name I can reference.  I am drying the seeds right now so they should be ready in 5-7 days.

Offer is open to Continental U.S. members only at this time.    

Chris

Received the seeds in the mail, just now. Thank you, cmpman1974! Can't wait to put these in some soil! 

-Cheers and have an awesome weekend!

Sweet pods! Love to see a picture of the plant.. Definitely interested if you have any more left, or next time you are offering them out.  Thanks for sharing these, regardless.

Hey Chris!

Just wanted to say thanks again for your offer! I planted 6 each of the volante peach, black Thai, and dark Thai that you sent. 4 of each of the Thais came up (though 2 of the black Thai seem "trapped" in their seed capsule - they don't seem to be growing or pulling their leaves out of it - trying to keep the capsules damp to help but I might be too little too late) and 3 of the peach. Really excited to see these little buggers grow up and I even have a friend interested in taking a spare plant or two once I've got everything transplanted and am confident I didn't kill anything. :)

Here's an update on the Peach Volante that I have growing from Chris' seeds.
I think was in a 1 liter pot before I put it in ground. This was the first plant to flower and set before anything else even opened, so I have a couple of isolated pods on there. It was 3, but I think one isn't growing.
kERHdSU.jpg

I guess I don't have a full plant pic. But I can't wait to see the color!!! (Your CGN 22184 is doing great also, Chris! Many tops!)

CGN 22184
fO9n5nh.jpg

Thank you!!!

Back