labels sauce labels, can anyone help?

I want to make my own labels for my sauces this year, can anyone suggest a software program for doing this.
I would like to use pictures and text.

Thanks

Daz

Photoshop if you have the money to spend. Otherwise, there is an open source program that is just like photoshop and its free. Its called gimp. Google it and you will find it. Both have tutorials and help manuals available. Both are complex but both are extremely powerful

+1 on everything mmcdermtt1 said. The Gimp is free and almost as powerful as photoshop. Great tool if you don't want to spend the money on photoshop.

Also, if you have windows 7 the new built in ms paint has many tools that it didn't use to have. If all you really want to do is slap some text over an image you can do that in paint.

You might also try Open Office which is a free Open Source Office Suite which is completely comparable with MS Office and includes a PowerPoint Luke program that is good for making labels and of course is free.

dancingpepper.gif
Thanks again

Daz

Adobe actually offers trial versions of all of their Creative Suite software. Check their download page.

People have suggested some good alternatives, but Photoshop is head and shoulders above most free software for that sort of design task.

I used (painfully) Microsoft Publisher for my first label because I don't have Photoshop or Illustrator, and didn't know about Gimp. I managed to force it to get a result I found acceptable, but that will be the last time using Publisher. Next label will be done using Gimp.

I've been using Print Shop 21 for several years to make labels, brochures, menu's,holiday cards.
Its very easy to insert photo's/artwork to incorporate with the text layout,and then saved as PDF files.
Its pretty reasonably priced these day at $25 or so....I paid about $80 for mine around 5 years ago.
I've not tried Gimp before....so I'll be checking that one out also.

I use photoshop to create the art portion of the label but not the text. Every time I've added text using photoshop it gets blurred. I use the software that came with the printer that I use to add the text and it's sharp and clear. I'm using the Primera LX400 printer...

Back