• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

condiment "Scorched Steak Sauce"

I've had this bottle of tmudder's Scorched Steak Sauce for awhile now. I bought it online. Tmudder, as some you already know, is a chef living in sunny Florida who has a Youtube channel where he posts chili pod, and sauce reviews. These are typically interspersed with his chili plant grow updates, letting you know that he's not only a user, but a chili grower, as well. Maybe you've seen his videos? Often recorded in the black of night next to his in-ground pool, he sits propped in his chair, the distant sound of dogs barking, black ops flying overhead, Puerto Ricans partying into the night...Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, his vids are entertaining, as well as, informative. Here's the sauce:
photobucket-2441-1363491525107_zps243c40db.jpg

Now, I'm not really a "steak sauce" lover. A good steak needs little more than salt and pepper, although I also enjoy my home made Montreal seasoning on occasion. But, what really cuts me up is to see some dude slather his rib eye steak with a KC barbecue sauce. I just can't watch. This sauce, however, comes from a pro chef with a great reputation for fine sauces, so my expectations ran high. My cut of choice was a well marbled eye of chuck, dusted with Montreal seasoning, and pan seared in a bit of olive oil w/minced garlic. It was cooked to medium-medium rare.
photobucket-18231-1363491592088_zpse1e2a46c.jpg

The sauce pours on the thick side, but it still pours fine, even when pulled from the fridge. Let me tell you this is a deep sauce. Judging by the unique list of ingredients, I think this sauce took the "chef" a fair amount of trial and error to perfect. And, it is perfect with a chuck eye. I got an immediate hit of the sweet elements (molasses, tomato paste, brown sugar) along with the vinegar and peppercorns. The roasted 7 pod brown is really the main player though. It will likely be too hot for the average "A-1 Sauce" user, but for the connoisseur chili head, it is bliss. It made my nose run!
photobucket-37852-1363491546423_zps57d4c642.jpg

This is the only steak sauce I would consider at this point. A match made in Heaven for a good steak. All it needs is a bigger bottle. Thanks, Chef!

looks/sounds great!

I am not a steak sauce guy - they're mostly too salty & taste too much like Worcester to me.

But this one is intriguing. Thanks for the entertaining review. :cheers:

Back