• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chinense Scotch Bonnet Fariah?

I'm making up my 2014 grow list, and have an envelope of Scotch Bonnet Fariah seeds. I'll be seed planting mid-December. I need accurate info on this variety of Scotch Bonnet, i.e., flavor and heat leve, so I can decide whether to add it to my list. Thanks..

It`s a CARDI variety Jim. I think there is some in of on their website. I have a couple of plants, but neither produced anything. I only got them late in the year.

The bottom line is that I have Scotch Bonnet seeds for the following varieties:
MoA
TFM
FTL
Foodarama
Choc(?).  Never heard of this one.

Is the faria variety distinct enough to warrant a place in my grow list?  Garden space is limited.

Jim, the Faria was Pepperproblem`s favorite variety of all. As he had grown easily 300+ varieties, I think I`d take that as a good sign!!!

First time I heard about Faria was in about/grew it was 2006 or so.
Maybe latter...
Just before 7 pots and the first Scorpions were being grown here.Right around the Naga Morich and Bhut finds-Naga Morich Naga Jolokia ,7 pot,Scorpion and Bhut Joloka's and india Carbon.
Yea,that long ago...
It was called a habanero type because it didn't have the true bonnet shape and was hotter.
Been a lot of years-I forget the color (RED?)and specifics right now.

Seems it was a good variety,might have been considered very hot at the time,,,
Like several other hab types,Surinam red,Safi red etc.
Great stuff.

I grew a plant late this season from seeds i got from pepperproblem based on him saying it was his fav as I was trading seeds with him and asked him to send me his fav since he had so many varieties. I'm now using it as my pepper of choice in my hot sauces. Its very tasty and you won't be disappointed.
I would like to grow the MoA Scotch bonnet to compare the two. Haven't been able to find any seeds yet tho. If anyone is willing to trade me some please let me know!!   :)

sosl0w said:
I grew a plant late this season from seeds i got from pepperproblem based on him saying it was his fav as I was trading seeds with him and asked him to send me his fav since he had so many varieties. I'm now using it as my pepper of choice in my hot sauces. Its very tasty and you won't be disappointed.
I would like to grow the MoA Scotch bonnet to compare the two. Haven't been able to find any seeds yet tho. If anyone is willing to trade me some please let me know!!   :)

PM me for MoA seeds if you haven't already found some.

Back