• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Scotch Bonnet

Found these at the grocery store today they say scotch bonnet but im not sure they are really big what do you guys think? Anyways im from a small town so new peppers in the grocery store i just had to pick em up i havent tried them yet.

2013-05-19161523_zps26595ca1.jpg

2013-05-19161529_zps7752b67c.jpg

megahot said:
Looks like S.  Bonnets to me

Smitty said:
Yeh those look similar to the red Habs that where in the grocery store by my place a few months back
They are definitely not the textbook definition of Scotch Bonnet, but they could be either (hab or bonnet) or even a cross. If they are stronger towards the Scotch Bonnet it would depend on their taste not the picture.  I gave a decent description in this thread yesterday, click here to read it. I hope that helps ^_^

We get those similar peppers occasionally at our produce mkts. downtown. They're labeled as scotch bonnets and come from Costa Rica.

Depending on the region, country or island a pepper like that can
be considered a bonnet, congo or habanero.

I have seeds from a trip last year, currently growing. Seeds were scraped out of pods from Guadelope, St Martin and St Barts. Martin and Barts pods were labeled as habs and the Guadelope pods were packaged as bonnets. None however resembled the shape of the Jamaican Bonnet, the flavors were worth the effort for me to bring back some seeds and stick them in the dirt.

Back