bottles-jars Sealable sauce bottles

I'm trying to find some bottles to put taco sauce in that seal, like the a cocktail bottles, ketchup bottles, Ortega taco sauce bottles, etc. I don't think woozy bottles are an option since they don't seal and I'd like to be able to make it an not refrigerator immediately. Not looking to sell sauce or mass produce, so buying in small quantity like woozy bottles would be great.

I could use jelly jars, but I'd like something with a smaller mouth that I can pour out of. Anybody know a good source?

There are many sauce bottles that can be purchased with metal lids.  like This One-  Those type lids can be boiling water bathed and depending on mfg recommendations, some can be pressure canned.

This 12oz Sauce Bottle can be purchased with the same type metal lid.  Just have to contact the company.

Any type of canning jar will work and they are easily available at all kinds of stores.  8 oz or 16 oz, even small 4 oz jars, and for usually around $7-$9 dozen.  They can all be BWB or pressure canned, depending on the pH of the sauce.

Also, as The Boss said, Hot Fill/Hold is standard processing for woozies with plastic caps and they seal.  Check out Making hot Sauce 101 for details.

Seeing as you are in SC check out-
specialty bottle
Freund
container and packaging supply

Specialty Bottle and Freund don't have minimums, but a reasonable sized order will make shipping more cost effective.

Back