• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Searching for a hot sauce

I am looking for something low sodium and as low acidity as possible. Medium heat level or higher. Other than that I do not have a specific type of pepper or other flavoring like honey or mango in mind.

Thanks in advance.

How low acidity? No tomato or vinegar?

The low acidity is a taste issue so it can have tomato/ vinegar but I don't want the overwhelming taste of vinegar. My table hot sauces currently are Tapatio, Cholula and Tabasco. The low sodium is someone else's dietary requirement but I don't know the specific amount just that it is labeled low sodium. Someone usually does the shopping for me so I can't compare labels.

Today they bought me Smokin' Joe IIRC, it tasted vinegary but the bottle was labeled low sodium.

I wish that I could give you specific amounts but I just know that they need lower sodium and I want less acidity.

PM your addy to me. I have a couple test batches I'll send your way along with some Ghost Fire.

Our hot sauce isnt very vinegary. Thats actually what we dislike about most hot sauces and try to stay away from- the pure vinegar and pepper like tabasco.

www.heartbreakingdawns.com --- when you get something use promo code "hotblog" for 10% off

If you want to know specific sodium content ask me and ill let you know

xo nicole

Uncle Dennis' sauces are low sodium. I purchased a bottle recently, but haven't yet cracked the cap. Check it out: http://www.uncledennisfood.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=49&Itemid=84

Back