Seasoned Fries

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
I hate seasoned fries. You know those darker ones with a light batter and seasoning. Anyone else hate these fries? I know they are popular at some restaurants (Checkers?). Something in that seasoning makes them disgusting. Or maybe it's the coating,

Fries are potatoes! Add the sh*t later! LOL

I'm not sure which seasoned fries you are talking about. Years ago when I was in the kitchen we would toss fries in just plain flour before the deep fryer. Really made a crispier fry that was hands down better than a regular french fry. i agree on the seasoning. I'd rather put my own on.

Salute', TB.

dang boss, you must be reading my mind...I was just getting ready to check for seasoning to add to fries...

I am going to fry the potatos first them add seasoning to avoid messing up my peanut oil...gonna fry shrimp and catfish this evening...

anyone got a good seasoning recipe?

AlabamaJack said:
dang boss, you must be reading my mind...I was just getting ready to check for seasoning to add to fries...

I am going to fry the potatos first them add seasoning to avoid messing up my peanut oil...gonna fry shrimp and catfish this evening...

anyone got a good seasoning recipe?
I was reading your mind. LOL

Okay these seasoned fries are very specific. If you know them, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. You often get them at bars or fast food restaurants. They probably come frozen. Yeah, there's like a batter and some seasoning. Nasty, really.

AJ... no idea. I like seasoning, but yeah, after, not in a batter :)

One of my faves is sea salt, flat leaf parsley, and a little olive oil. Yum!

Personal favorite seasoning for fries is smoked paprika, some kind of hot pepper, garlic powder, black pepper & sea or kosher salt. Mmm.

Goes especially good on sweet potato fries.

Actually my latest greatest fry trick, is to make some fries...;)

.....and then I bust up some fresh peppercorns in my grinder, real coarse like, and dump the pepper on the ketchup.

sea salt on the fries.

Mmmmmmmm, good earthy spice.

Back