• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Second Annual Memorial Day User-land BBQ Contest Shootout & Prize Thread

grantmichaels said:
I think BigB's is the only one undelivered thus far today - and it was a three hour trip! :rofl:

It came in yesterday! I was working all day though lol. I just tried everything and HOLY SHEEIT THE BACONATOR WAS THE BEST SAUCE IV EVER HAD

the mango kiwi congo didn't have any heat at all really, my gf even enjoyed it and she hates the heat because of me lol

i think i need to buy a variety pack of sauces from WM even though my sauce rack is basically stuffed. Im pretty sure i have a collection of 80% pex's sauces. Also his  strawberry kiwi reaper jelly was superb. Very good consistency, consistency was 100x better than the first jelly I got from him and a more manageable heat for sure. Great flavor, I'd buy it for sure

yeah, the sunshine one was similar ... great flavor, though, that freshened up a dish like a squeeze of fresh citrus ...

i enjoyed the sb kiwi reaper jelly ... had a bunch in cottage cheese ...

JayT received everything intact.  Appears that Wicked Mike's Moruga Mustard might have leaked a little out of the cap but it was contained my the tape so I think I'm all good.  I finally have a day off and Grass Snake's package is all packed up and will be going out this morning so he should have it by Friday.  Great job by everyone involved this year and a special thanks to you Grant for keeping this thing together!

JayT said:
JayT received everything intact.  Appears that Wicked Mike's Moruga Mustard might have leaked a little out of the cap but it was contained my the tape so I think I'm all good.  I finally have a day off and Grass Snake's package is all packed up and will be going out this morning so he should have it by Friday.  Great job by everyone involved this year and a special thanks to you Grant for keeping this thing together!

Yes, that Moruga Mustard had leaked a bit upon coming to me in the 1st place a few weeks earlier ... that one's not from my stash, but from the collection WM contributed prior to the Contest ...

I thought about not sending it to anyone, but I know a bit about mustard from having read how to make it and it's quite a stable product, so I felt pretty good about the contents after you rinsed it ...

BigB wanted it badly, LOL ...

Glad everything made it intact ...

No breakages, one leak to MM ... pretty pleased with that! ...

Back