• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Second Gen

So my second generation of TS regulars have been producing for about a month. I have been plucking them off the plants for a couple weeks(friends say they are monster heat) now. The last mature pods have been picked, these Gen 2 seem to have broken off from their parents traits, they don't have the pronounced tail like moms n dads. Anyone else have this happen to your plants? The pic just below are pods from the parents, the gen 2 plants heat is every bit as hot as gen 1, I'm just curious, I do have a mature Butch T on the patio(screened in) about 10-15 feet away its pods look similar to the pic on the bottom, though those pods come from my regular TS seeds.
IMG_1086.jpg
IMG_0105-3.jpg

Top pic has some wicked looking pods that really look like scorpions.

The peppers in the bottom picture look more like Trinidad Congo peppers. How's the heat compared to the heat of the ones in the top?

Could be from hybridized seeds. Were you growing anything else near it?
Yes but on the other side of a screened in porch, Butch Ts where the closest to em
Top pic has some wicked looking pods that really look like scorpions.

The peppers in the bottom picture look more like Trinidad Congo peppers. How's the heat compared to the heat of the ones in the top?
The top is Gen 1 the heat is every bit as hot as Gen 1
Look like they've crossed with a caribbean red or something similar?
Its looking like the second set of pods are looking more like mom and dad

I'd say it could be growing conditions or just a different phenotype coming out. There's always a chance that they were from hybridized seed. Bees are tricky so they could have been crossed with just about anything else on your property.

Back