• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Second year from seed one major drawback

Had a great year till I went out and potted 75 plants in the last two weeks. My problem was the rain and sun washed all the permanent marker off about 90% of the plant markers. I planned on giving back a lot of seeds I received for just a postage stamp and that puts a damper on the rest of the season. I guess it wouldn't be too bad if I hadn't grown 50 different plants, I guess I will do a lot of dehydrating this summer.

Ugh! With patience, and help here, you may be able to ID many.

Pencils work great on those generic white plant markers. Sounds strange but they don't wash off or sun bleach like Sharpie, etc.

Take photos and post them to your glog.  As long as you don't move plants around you will always know what everything is.  I have absolutely no markers on anything.  Even if my computer crashes (excel) as long as THP survives, so will my list!

Figure with 50 different varieties planted in a single space chances are there are going to be some crosses for next years grow anyway so as mentioned just put the seeds together and offer them that way - perhaps with a list of what was grown (or group them with a couple pics of the pods the seeds came from and list as Open pollinated) - there's plenty out there that don't mind not knowing specifically what they are growing - as long as they have some idea of the pod shape and heat level I'm sure there would still be plenty of takers.

I take spoons and dip them in paint.  Then write with sharpie on the inside of the concave portion of the spoon.  When I stick it in. I face the concave portion of the spoon towards the plant. 

That or I take the time to paint on the name to the outside. 

Back