• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seed Fail to Germinating Ratio

Are there any numbers out there or approximates of failure rates for seeds to germinate in lieu of waiting for zero to happen. I have 5 bhuts seeded behind my computer for warmth and I'm into the 4th week now and nothing.
The seeds were taken from last years pods, dried catalogued etc but are doing a no show. Haven't tried any 7's or Scorps as yet but getting bummed out that the score is 0-5...

same issue here, ive gone through about 25 seeds over a few months trying to get bhuts to germinate. the previous 2 attempts i only waited three weeks then gave up because i needed my temperature controller for my kegerator.
but this go around im approaching week 6 @ 86-87f still no go.
i ordered seeds from a different source well see how that goes.

I have a lot of numbers on this. I count germination rates and time-to-germination for all my seedlings, the upshot of it is:

- 0 for 5 after 4 weeks is not a good sign, IF your soil temperature is about 82 degrees and the humidity level is very high. IF the soil temperature is way different than that, higher or lower, or the humidity is low, then 4 weeks is not especially long
- but 5 seeds (from the same plant?) is a very small data set. It could obviously just be those seeds.

Recommend throwing about 10 seeds from something else, something that pops quickly like a Jalapeno, into the same growing medium and same conditions, and in 2 weeks or so you will know whether the problem is your seeds or the setup.

You guys are spot on with the patience thing. 5+ weeks now and a 4th out of 5 just shot up overnight. These are Bhuts so now going to plant some &pod and Scorp seeds in. Do they take as long as the Bhuts to pop out ?

The 2 Bhuts I have took forever to pop from seed. I have overwintered them sofar, but I am going to be cloning all the buds that are popping out on the 3' tall one, for more plants.

Back