• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seed Shelf-Life

Heys guys

I received a whole bunch of varities of seeds from you guys doing some trades for the Barrackpore 7's - this was around July to September last year.......

Unfortunately I could not have set any of them at the time - been engrossed in doing some design work in a ridiculously short period of time...... no time for peppers :shocked:

I basically left the seeds in a drawer in my desk since then............... day temps as much as 29C, night temps as low as 60F (yeh i have a 10,000 BTU A/C unit for my small room.....lol)

what are the chances of those seeds germinating? that is if they germinate at all....... i set nearly most of them last sunday in hope that some sprout....... :(

Seems a bit warm, but as long as they were dry they might still be viable.
If there was anything I sent you that you'd like replacements for, just let me know.
Also, good to see you again, my friend. Got me some Barrackpores in coco coir, looking forward to showing you some baby pics of them :)

I dont think the cold would effect them much, as long as it wasnt freezing, which yours wasnt. After I was done planting last year I put my seeds in a container in the fridge and so far everything that I have sowwed from the batches has germinated.

even if it's been frozen, as long as they were dried out first they should be fine. seeds were meant to withstand natures elements so they should be able to handle being in our homes.

I've grown seeds that were well over 10 years old and they had good germination rates. I doubt that you'll have a problem with any of the seeds you got last year.

Alan

i've grown seeds that were a few years old, also some from frozen/defrosted, which all turned out ok.so long as they're not rotten, they should be fine.

Back