• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seeding Fresh Pods...then UH-OH

Hi...I was seeding a bunch of scorps to dry the seeds, and store for next year. I was washing my hands after seeding, and the kitchen faucet exploded, soaking the seeds. I rinsed them off in a fine strainer, and transferred them from dry paper towel, to dry paper towel...over and over. They are now drying out again. Did I just ruin a few hours worth of work? What should I do to aim for the highest possible rate of survival for these guys? eems like half the seds I store work well, and the others not at all...and there's no difference in the method.

Thanks

They should be fine boxy dude. After drying keep them in the fridge for longer life in a ziplock bag with some dessicant gel baggy things. :D

judging by the title, I thought you were de-seeding peppers and then touched your junk lol!

As the others said you should be fine, its not like they weren't wet when they were inside the pepper in the first place.

I thought so too...but you know how it is...you spend hours carefully exctracting seeds while keeping the placental "meat" in tact...then the faucet explodes all over about 500 seeds.

I still have about a quarter pound of fresh ones...probably seed them too, and make a puree with vinegar. TB helped me out with a good way of preserving them...think I'll try that.

Oh...does it matter if there is a little bit of placenta on them as they dry out? It dries into a tiny spec...just didn't know if it would affect the seeds.

Thanks

judging by the title, I thought you were de-seeding peppers and then touched your junk lol!

As the others said you should be fine, its not like they weren't wet when they were inside the pepper in the first place.

LOL...these are the only peppers I use gloves with. I know these peppers are mostly water, low ph, but I didn't know how sensitive they might be to getting hit with a dousing of neutral water.

Good. If all goes well, I should have roughly 7 tons of scorps next year. I think I'll enter a chili cookoff usin those, instead of tomatoes...and be "That Asshole".

I told my wife I always wanted to enter a BBQ competition. Not to win...but to f**k with the judges, and delay the competition a day.

I also judged the title in the same way :)

Good. If all goes well, I should have roughly 7 tons of scorps next year. I think I'll enter a chili cookoff usin those, instead of tomatoes...and be "That Asshole".

I told my wife I always wanted to enter a BBQ competition. Not to win...but to f**k with the judges, and delay the competition a day.

7 whaaaaa? Awesome stuff.

Haha you gonna harvest with a Combine?
Or Farm workers lol.
7 tons of Scorps could cause global warming lol

I want one with a negative 9 (-9)...because that's how many fails I've had. :)
One more and you could suggest a different looking crown for someone who has lost 10 or more TD's
Some would embrace that,I know I will when my count gets that high. :lol:

Back