• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seedling dropping leaf

Hi All,

I have just separated out my seedlings and potted them on to their individual trays.

This morning one of my seedlings dropped a leaf while watering. Any ideas please?

Is this as a result of transplanting (shock)... due to my over watering... or as a result of too much multifeed? (Leaves are not discolored).

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

PeriPeri

How many leaves does each seedling have?
Is it just the cotyledons dropping from a seedling with 3 or more sets of true leaves anyway? Physical damage while transplanting?

How many leaves does each seedling have?
Is it just the cotyledons dropping from a seedling with 3 or more sets of true leaves anyway? Physical damage while transplanting?
Hey Pablo,

Thanks for the reply. The seedlings all have between four and five leaves now.

Apologize for the ignorance, but is it normal for them to drop the first two leaves they developed?

Thanks

Lourens

yes.
Those first 2 that come out after it germinates will fall off once it has enough "true leaves" to.. umm.. it goes onto big words now. lol. something to do with cloryphill and photosysthesis..
right?? someone? anyone?
lol..
but yeah. those first 2 will fall of after awhile.

yes.
Those first 2 that come out after it germinates will fall off once it has enough "true leaves" to.. umm.. it goes onto big words now. lol. something to do with cloryphill and photosysthesis..
right?? someone? anyone?
lol..
but yeah. those first 2 will fall of after awhile.
Thanks socapots! I feel really stupid... but hey you got to start leaning this stuff some time.

Thanks!

Back