• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seedling tips brown ?

Thinking to close to T5 HO although no heat coming off light ? Still.in jiffy pellets, only the original 2 are like this not the second set or real leaves ?
Any thoughts...

If you are feeding them it would be fert burn. If not try moving the light up a little. It could also be water related how and how often are you watering them?

I moved them down ASAP but didn't think of the water. Not often, give the jiffy a gently squeeze but they are some what moist. All I hear here is that they dry out to quick and in my situation beg to differ. Bottom water only as with everything and don't "think" it's water but willing to learn seeing I've never used any lights prior to this season. Again these T5HO do not emit heat, even the tube is merely Luke warm to the touch.

High chlorine content in tap water can cause leaf tip burn on many indoor plants.
You can kill chlorine by mixing in a little hydrogen peroxide into the tap water.
Stir in about 1/2 teaspoon per quart and it should do the job.

What could be happening in jiffy pellets ? If the roots navigate to the netting would it not be the same/similar to an Aero Pot regardless of age.

Off the top of my head? Fert burn, an overly acidic ph (4.5 for peat pods), some kind of tiny tiny larval infection (fungus gnats, etc), root rot (peat pods are quite wet), or some kind of fungus...

some of those are more likely than others...

Can you post a picture?

Wish I could post pics but working with a phone. Supposed to be sunny all day and I'm home so going to give them some window sun and see.

not a camera phone I take it?

You can pick up inexpensive digital cameras these days that take really good pictures...

I picked up a 11mp camera 2x optical zoom 3x digital, and a 8gb memory card for it, for 20$ this past november... Gave it to my sister for Christmas.

Email it to your self. Check your email on the computer. Upload to . click the Picture, click the post image to bulletin board box, paste here :)

All on the phone, I know they call it a smart phone but I need a better operator. Better yet I can tether from phone to laptop. Don't have any other Internet .

Download the photobucket app for the iPhone. Upload to photobucket and when you view the image on your phone there is a circle on the right with an i in it, select that and it will bring up the img code, tap that and it will copy the link. Then just paste the img code to your topic post. I do it all the time on here.

Back