• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

seeds Seedlings

So far I have about 20 Bhuts that are a good size, about 20 scorpion butch t and 15 brain strain (moruga). This year I am disappointed in the lack of plants Ive started. Im a little pissed that I allowed myself to become overwhelmed with school and life that I haven't given enough care to the plants. Especially because gardening is a huge stress reliever for me, and by not having the plants now I won't have as much to garden in the summer.

Dropped the ball this season :o(

xo Nicole

2 years ago I had 40 plus plants and the fun part is I got more fruit than the previous year when I had over 100. Now get this, last year I cut the amount of plants I had down to 20, but doubled their container size and even setup a few really large earth box type of containers and changed my fert schedule. I also did quit a bit of selective pruning and spent more time on my select few plants. Surprisingly I actually ended up with MORE fruit once again then I did the previous year!

So by looking back I actually got more fruit from 20 plants than I did from 100 as my understanding and knowledge grew. Plus I took VERY good care of 20 instead of neglecting because I didn't have the time.

I learned that it's not about quantity, but quality.

2 years ago I had 40 plus plants and the fun part is I got more fruit than the previous year when I had over 100. Now get this, last year I cut the amount of plants I had down to 20, but doubled their container size and even setup a few really large earth box type of containers and changed my fert schedule. I also did quit a bit of selective pruning and spent more time on my select few plants. Surprisingly I actually ended up with MORE fruit once again then I did the previous year!

So by looking back I actually got more fruit from 20 plants than I did from 100 as my understanding and knowledge grew. Plus I took VERY good care of 20 instead of neglecting because I didn't have the time.

I learned that it's not about quantity, but quality.

Thanks for commenting, this has made me feel a little bit better. and I can understand this because its true that I cannot give full attention to so many plants.

55 plants isn't horrible!
Have fun! don't let school get you down.
I know, easy for me to say : )

Yeah, when you're in school there's not much you can do. I'm shooting for 20 to 30 this year, and even that might be pushing it...

I have about 30 plants but not enough room for them all so when its planting time i will be picking the best and giving the rest away. I wish I could do 55 plants but it will take too much of my yard away!

I have about 30 plants but not enough room for them all so when its planting time i will be picking the best and giving the rest away. I wish I could do 55 plants but it will take too much of my yard away!

Yard?? Wow your lucky... I haven't hard a yard since I started growing peppers.

I have a yard... technically... though it's a rental, and I don't think my landlord would appreciate me tearing it up to put in a pepper patch.

Its not too late to start some spring crops and about time to start summer crops to help your addiction :whistle:
416790_3188096577924_1131107632_3148164_259244512_n.jpg

Well I've got the opposite problem in that I've got 92 Numex Heritage 6-4's started on the table out back and am trying to locate a field to drop them into come their third set of leaves.

What to do... what to do...

Those peppers will be fun! You can stock up on the seeds this year and trade them for more varieties :) .

Always be thankful for, and content with, what you have and, as LGHT did, take the very best care of it/them! You'll be rewarded greatly for it! :)

Back