• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seeds & Things Amazon.com seller. Opinions?

I was going to buy some mulato seeds from this seller on Amazon, since mulatos seem to be a hard thing to find for a sasbe/trade on here. Browsing their other items I found this little beauty, apparently a Chocolate 7 pot douglah. Now IDK if that means it's a cross, or if they're just douglahs and theyre adding "chocolate 7 pot" to make it sound fancy. Looking for opinions before I add to cart.

Here's the link to reference:

http://www.amazon.com/Trinidad-Chocolate-Pot-Douglah-Hottest/dp/B0094VAIU8/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A2RFYS0Z0XNILU

I made the mistake of getting seeds from Amazon & eBay, and boy did I ever get ripped off. I'd avoid both sites like the plague, and stick to places like Hippy Seed, JungleRain, PepperLover, and PepperJoe.

Yeah, just figured it's rather cheap for seeds and I was already going for the mulatos since having something mild, to me, doesn't justify me paying more than the $3 for those seeds from a better source, figured if these were worthwhile I would just add them to cart since it's free shipping anyway.

It's like that old saying, you get what you pay for...

Good to know, I've never bought from amazon or ebay. That said, I've never had a problem returning stuff to amazon, but with seeds you won't find out till it's too late. I would follow the advice of the good peeps from THP :)

I've bought from ebay before, had little to no issues in the past, but I figure amazon has a bit more buyer security as well. I'll take the risk for mulatos but I guess I'll skip those 7pots, I have plenty sown anyway currently, lol.

Contact Beth at peppermania.com if you don't see the mulato on her website. Often she has other seeds that just aren't posted.

Shawna at Kearley Seeds and Peppers is another reputable grower. She mostly has superhots.

Well, looks like I'm buying from both, getting some Jay's Ghost Scorps and some trini perfumes and mulatos from the other. Do I just add to cart or should I speak to Beth/Shawna first? I figure there may be a reason you guys are mentioning them by name, lol.

Thanks Dustin, I saw their stuff for sale on amazon the other day, but the jays scorpion stuff was rather pricey, and the dried pods were de-seeded, so I'm just going to wait for after summer to ask for some jays ghost peach seeds instead.

Thanks for the opinions boys and girls, I ended up buying some mulatos and some trini perfumes from peppermania. I was going to get the jays ghost peach and red 2-pack on Shawna's site but I figured I'll wait until the jay's ghosts become more plentiful and just trade for those seeds at some point.

Back