• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Seeds

I am pretty much a noob here; starting my first pepper seeds this week.

I am also a bit of a whuss, timid on how hot a pepper I can handle. I am somewhat unwilling to spend money buying a bunch of seeds that I end up being unable to handle. Jalapeno, habs and serannos are what I have had so far (as well as some drying and seasoning peppers).

Does anyone here ever "give" away a few seeds for a noob to try................????

If so, I'm curious about the bhut peppers. I don't really have anything I can trade.

Still have time to get started here in Zone 5. Willing to send self-addressed, stamped envelope.

Just curious..................

I have red caribbean and orange habaneros no bhuts though. I am practicing growing these habs this year so when I have to start paying for 10 seeds I dont screw things up :P

Geeeeshe!
I don't believe the helpfulness of this group.

It must have taken seven seconds before I had an offer for a few bhut seeds from RedtailForester.
If I am ever able to pay it forward, I shall practice what I have seen here...............

My gratitude!

Hi Father!

The great thing about superhots is that even if you wouldn't necessarily want to eat a whole one raw, you can incorporate them in cooking any number of dishes or hot sauces to tone down the burn.

My selection is really limited, but if you PM me your address I'd be happy to send out whatever extras I have. Best of luck!

Nick

I only grow about 12-15 plants a year due to my limited space and the cost of those seeds with shipping is less than $10.00. I usually end up with several spare seeds to use the next year if I grow the same variety. I would never grow a "free" seed for several reasons for a couple of reasons. The first is the seed may be a cross and you end up growing something that isn't what you thought it was and end up with nothing useful at the end of the season. Two the seeds I buy are fresh and come from a controlled strain and I get great germination rates.

Now you may end up getting some pure strain seeds that have great germination rates, but is it worth the gamble? Even if I could get every seed I wanted to grow I would still just pay the few bucks.

Back