• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

soil seeweed extract and potting soil

Hi Jacobus,
   You didn't say whether you planted in soil or germinated the seeds in between paper towels or coffee filters... With the coffee filter method, I'd plant as soon as you see radicles poking out. If you planted the seeds in soil, let them get at least one set of true leaves fully out and handle the seedlings very gently by the cotyledons only when transplanting.

Diluted seaweed extract is a very gentle fertilizer, so it can be used immediately after transplanting, but when the seedlings are small the amount of nutes they can take in is limited, so I shouldn't think you'd need to water it in more than once every 1-2 weeks.

that all depends on the plants and the soil etc.. the variety of pepper will make a difference .. some are very robust gower's where others a much less.
the starting  mix has a big impact on the replanting. if the mix is similar to the plant out type then no big issues..if its different in a big way the it will take a while to adjust to the new soil.
As far as your question about  seaweed extract.. i dont know what is available in your country or the specifications on it but .. this is what I use
http://www.neptunesharvest.com/fs-136.html%C2 it works really well and if your brand has the same content you should be ok with it..
I do a foliage spray first to see how the plants react..  then wait a week or so.. if the take to it then i spray once a week with additional ground/root  watering once every week or two.

just my 2 cents..:)

chilli whisperer said:
Thanks,what's a foliage?

:  a representation of leaves, flowers, and branches for architectural ornamentation

:  the aggregate of leaves of one or more plants

:  a cluster of leaves, flowers, and branches

Don't do a foliar spray. It would benefit the plant much more if you bottom water the plant. Here in aus we have seasol which is a seaweed extract. Its not a fertilizer per say(contains no npk) but provides the plant nutrients to develop a good root system and encourages beneficial microbial bacteria.

Back