• Everything other than hot peppers. Questions, discussion, and grow logs. Cannabis grow pics are only allowed when posted from a legal juridstiction.

Self-contained Hydro Lettuce Experiment (Test Run)

We're planning to grow whichever of the Tom Thumb, Esmeralda, and Buttercrunch lettuce resists bolting when grown inside (in Florida) in a cheap little raft system w/ some FloraGrow ...

I'm waiting for some seeds from Tatiana's tomato base currently, but we had some Great Lakes #118 seeds sitting in a drawer so I decided to whip up something ghetto using an empty Lactaid gallon container, some cut up scraps of Sure To Grow, and a rubber glove from the box we've added recently for handling superhot insides ...

I'm really just testing germinating lettuce seeds on Sure To Grow media, but I rigged it up the rest of the way in case it works (Great Lakes is 80+ days I think, so it would need additional water, I imagine) ... I remember reading some Hawaiian PDF on growing self-contained lettuce this way using net pots, but I needed to try sprouting in Sure to Grow so I whipped this up while waiting for some cookies to bake ...

After you get it together, I used the wrist of the glove as "funnel" to wet the media and then folded the glove over to keep the humidity in ...

Once it sprouts, I'll just fold the wrist back down around the neck for support ...

We'll see ...

IMG_2673.jpg

IMG_2675.jpg

IMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2679.jpg

Back