• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

sepia serpents

My plant is very healthy as far as I can see. It's green, sturdy, healthy root system, enough nutrients, no overwatering, enough light, perfect temp, etc. but yet its still only 4in tall and only growing more roots is this something normal? I'm not worried just curious as to will it set pods at this size at all?

the big question is how long has it been growing? 2 months or 6 months ? there are too many variables ( pot size, soil, amount of light etc.. etc..) in other words we need more information..

Sounds like it could be in to small of a pot and may need to be potted up? I seriously doubt it would set pods at only 4" tall

I don't know exactly how long its been growing but if I had to guess 4 months and its in a good pot I can see the roots they are forming nicely but not root bound and the lighting is not the problem I have hardened off and had it outside but still no growth and I make my soil mix its partially seed starter partially compost and I use fish fertilizers every couple weeks

I just potted up like a week ago

Yea some requirement the plant needs isn't being met. I have a couple sepia serpents growing, mine were started on the 12th of January and are well over a foot tall with flowers all over.

I can't recall, but did you happen to buy the seedling from me? If so the seed was planted on Jan 12th

No I got seeds and I think they were bought from you originally but not entirely sure. It looks like its starting to branch out or making flowers from the nodes. It has growths coming from nodes can't tell what they are yet though. They have a nice "canopy" just no upward growth. All it seems to be doing anymore is making new roots

What size pot is it in? If you can see the roots coming out of the bottom of the pot you either need to pot it up or loosen up and trim the roots. Like Coheed said, something is off.

I think it could either be temp or small pot. Even if you think it's not the pot.

You can trick the plant into thinking it's being planted in the ground by potting up.

You say you see roots, and some would say "if you see roots coming out the bottom holes, pot it up".

You should PM me your address so I can visit every now and then. I can help you Lmk, I'll take a couple of choco scorpions with me when I go. I have too many lol!

, Vegas

I think it sounds like possibly too wet and/or cold root zone but without pictures impossible to tell. It may also have been quite root bound in the previous pot . They often take a little while to start growing again if this is the case. Pictures would help 1000%

Back