• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Serrano x Peter Pepper

Friend of mine just sent me this pic of a pod from a Serrano pepper plant I gave him a month or so ago.

I had it growing right alongside a Peter pepper plant. Was full of pods when I gave it to him.

Think these two plants crossed for this pod ?

Can see the distinct shape of the Peter pepper on the end as well as the thickness of the pod compared to the tapered pods of the Serrano.

What do you think ??

He's saving seeds.

unless the cross happened last season making this plant a F1 the pod shape is just a fluke. I noticed that the other pods were tapered, is there any other pods on the plant that look that way also?

unless the cross happened last season making this plant a F1 the pod shape is just a fluke. I noticed that the other pods were tapered, is there any other pods on the plant that look that way also?

Being he only sent the pic of this pod and never mention any others, i'm believing this is the only pod on the serrano plant that looks like this.

Below is a pic of the Serrano plant. This pod must be on the backside of the plant when taken. All these pod you can see are Serrano shaped.

it looks like a serrano, sometimes peppers come out different shapes like per say " trinidad scorpions" some come out without tails.

so it was a random one lol, but they look like the actual serrano peppers.

if he has multiple ones like this then there is a chance it is a cross even if the others are serrano like also the pods look a little thinner fleshed so possible cross, if you plant seeds it should be more clear, i had a unknown cap anum that mid season produced petter lokkin pods the first ones looked normal i noticed that the pods got hotter too after they started lookin funny so could be weather related but, i think its both genes and grow condition that made mine look diff, half way thru season,

8192408198_8f26984d16.jpg

Dare I coin this as the limp D!*k cross?

Seems wrong.............. but seems right as well. :onfire:

Friend of mine just sent me this pic of a pod from a Serrano pepper plant I gave him a month or so ago. I had it growing right alongside a Peter pepper plant. Was full of pods when I gave it to him. Think these two plants crossed for this pod ? ...
Strong possibility but the true tell would be reproducing them again to see for sure ...

... like per say " trinidad scorpions" some come out without tails. ...
Oh the horror :rolleyes:

my missus would love them
And who's missus wouldn't ;)

Back