• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Shane's Tiny Glog 2015

Well...wasn't going to post one this season. Not much going on. I am set to leave for 6 months in August so I'm not growing very much this year. Mainly a couple varieties I am trying to stabilize...but I got some volunteers and wilds that overwintered in the ground. I am in the middle of a crazy pre-deployment training schedule, so updates will be sporadic. I really just want to document the crosses on here for future reference. So here are a couple pics.
V8TKmIO.jpg

Primo X...

uVRzg1J.jpg

Romy Mystery X Goat's Weed along the back with Jals in front. 

Il6QSZn.jpg

A couple of the Mystery X GW's in front of a coffee table for reference. They are already about 2.5 feet tall. I am hoping they'll top 11' this season.

svbeReR.jpg

These are large orange thai for the Growdown this season. 

nfVazb7.jpg

A closer look at one...

LyPwSdi.jpg

Some buds on the Mystery X GW

RPmFH4J.jpg

Some action on the Primo X too...

4dJDnRe.jpg

Gave these away...they're in really good hands though! 

The overwintered plants are looking a little sad...
6uvnP13.jpg

This is an Apache Pepper

dzGUT07.jpg

And a Galapagoense looking pretty tired as well. 

All of the plants that survived the winter have been neglected, but I just started a feeding schedule and did some weeding and trimming to allow them some better light. Hopefully I will be able to show you some good looking plants in a few weeks. Hope everyone is doing well this year! I am not going to make any promises, but I will try to get on and check out what you all have going soon.

Shane

Cheers Shane! Glad to see you have a glog up this season until your deployment. Have you got any Pubisens varieties going this year? The Manzano you sent is going into its third year and looking strong. :)

Thanks for the love y'all! I miss being on here for sure. So...I vow to make a genuine effort to keep this up to date! I spent my long weekend trying to get the yard in some sort of presentable shape. Three years of only home on weekends meant only minimum maintenance around here. I am trying hard to make it as low maintenance as possible for mama before I deploy. 

Here are a couple more pics of the plants I have put in or that survived the winter...
y9Ebn2w.jpg

(not) Chacoense (Pr0digal_son)

XIGJAD6.jpg

c. galapagoense (Pr0digal_son)

KjO8wAK.jpg

c. eximium (Pr0digal_son)

50Oz29H.jpg

CGN 19198 (Pr0digal_son)

aAWG2EY.jpg

Pequin

8sZQ4yC.jpg

??? Wild Volunteer 

FvPSf1T.jpg

A little blurry...but this is my C. Tovarii (Pr0digal_son) this one was in the ground but only got up to about 8 or so inches. I dug it up today and put it in a pot to see if I can coax it into a growth spurt.

p8j0pXb.jpg

My growdown Large Orange Thais are starting to bloom. I thought that was an aphid on there...but it wasn't.

nZ1jKlz.jpg

Repotted the Apache as well...

jfzZD1H.jpg

Finally...some mammoth jals still working on the mammoth part.

That's all for now folks...thanks again for the positive feedback!
Shane 

Hey!!! Great to see you're doing a glog. Sorry to see you'll be deployed in the midst of the season, but thank you for your service.

And that's very pretty red mulch you have there. 

Plus some cool varieties you're keeping going.

All right. Glad to see the glog Shane. How long is the deployment? any chance that the peppers will still be alive when you return?

I have to admit I'm a little jealous of your time off from growing, Shane! 

I'm glad you're stabilizing "Jamie's Mystery annuum"…I just ran across my seeds for that today. That thing is crazy hot for an annuum, and I love the big, pretty plants.  :dance:

The in-ground overwinters are looking great, too. Thanks for giving us a peek!

Gary

Thanks Y'all!!! Little update...

eBxWtQ7.jpg

Jumbo Jals

pq8kFJ4.jpg

Romy Mystery X Goat's Weed

u34OtvY.jpg

Primo X ???

ItjqiA0.jpg

Primo Xs...

9pOKy7c.jpg

Romy Mystery X Goat's Weed and Jumbo Jals

0zalMEm.jpg

Last Year's Growdown Chuncho...

y7G7xj6.jpg

2 year old growdown Birgits Locoto coming back from the roots...

KKkWhVD.jpg

Cap 1530

seBYePQ.jpg

This Year's growdown Large Orange Thai

Mp99MG8.jpg

Little Tovarii....

Thanks for checking in...will try to get back on soon!!!
roNyEpe.jpg

jCNAdbs.jpg

LXgg9pM.jpg

:dance:  :fireball:

Very cool pics Shane. :)  I guess one of the benefits of living where you do is being able to OW chile plants in the ground... I'm so jealous of that, but the flip side is that the winter cold kills plant pests so I really can't complain. Looking forward to more pics of your plants and foodies! :dance:

Here is how things are shaping up around here...about a month till I deploy and I am just hoping to gather a little seed stock from the plants I like...
AnvQ8Sf.jpg

The Romy Mystery X Goat's Weed are over 6' tall...and still really not producing many pods.

ZLQG7S6.jpg
My Primo X plants are growing like weeds too...over 4' tall and loaded with pods.

Here are a few pod types I am seeing on them...
Nvv79Me.jpg

aicjWXy.jpg

The most promising two plants are these...
86C4OuL.jpg

AOLZAuf.jpg

This is really what I want them to look like...maybe a little longer, but I like this one.

4cM3ear.jpg

CGN 19198...I think??? 

LyCcbWK.jpg

Pequin

iRH7whR.jpg

and my grow down plants "Large Orange Thai" I am still in the mix with one of the larger plants I think, but I am pretty far behind the leader. I only have a few more weeks to try to push this one, and I think it's too little too late.

gRyvNSI.jpg

Large Orange Thai pods...

Thanks for looking in everyone! Hope your gardens are doing well!

Back