shipping Shipping Boxes for three 5 oz bottles

Hey!

I launched a kickstarter for my small hot sauce company. It's been very successful so far, and I have sold a lot of 3 bottle bundles.  I have sourced boxes to sell one bottle at a time, but I am curious if anyone has seen any boxes that are designed to hold three 5 ounce bottles? 

What's the best way to ship 3 bottles? I assume the most cost effective way would be USPS prioriity flat rate medium box.  However, if anyone knows of a cheaper way, I am all ears. Thanks!

You can fit 3 5oz bottles in a small flat rate box or put them in a flat box and use USPS flat rate bubble envelope for about the same price <$8.

Good luck on the venture!
SL

salsalady said:
You can fit 3 5oz bottles in a small flat rate box or put them in a flat box and use USPS flat rate bubble envelope for about the same price <$8.

Good luck on the venture!
SL
Got it! If I can figure out a good aesthetically pleasing way of doing this I will. I have done this a lot - but I decided to stop when I found out that one of them got smashed in the mail.  I'll start experimenting again! Thanks

Thanks and good tip! I have been using small and thin bubbles - usually pretty cheap stuff. I've got splurge money from kickstarter so I'll buy some quality medium sized bubbles. I just picked up 100 padded envelopes. I plan to bubble wrap the bottles, but them in a box, tape it secure, and put that in the padded envelope. If anything breaks I'll just send a replacement - that should do it!  Thanks as always - not sure where I'd be without this forum.

Its not the size of the bubbles, it's the quality of the product. I bought some cheap stuff on Ebay, placed a sheet on the table, rolled up a bottle and it sounded like 4th of July firecrackers.

I've been buying from Uline for years. They had a really great 1/4" bubble, very tough. Then they changed the supplier. Their current product is better than the Ebay stuff, but not as good as it used to be.

The "connected" bubbles suck. The ones where if one pops the whole section deflates (like Christmas lights lol)... individual bubbles, size doesn't make it better, the fine ones are good, you just wrap a few times. The large ones are too big.

I love the flat rate bubble envelope. It can easily fit 3 (I have done 7 lol) and look pro. But it's all in the packing. Make it look pro inside. Bubble wrap and tape or rubber bands can look too homemade. Corrugated cardboard can pro it up, and is cheap. What you can do it bubble wrap and sleeve it. It adds a little protection but mostly it makes it more presentable. The boxes are too pricey at your stage.

No prob. Just wrap once with a slight overlap and face the fluted side out. It has clean look.

Nice - one layer of buble wrap - taped, then a layer of corrugated cardboard, then put all that in a flat rate box, which then goes in a usps flat rate bubble envelope. its like one of those russian nesting dolls, where you keep opening up the package to find another package. 

I think it looks cheap to use USPS supplies inside USPS supplies for a business.

I would do extra bubble wrap, like 3 wraps, then the cardboard "sleeve" to make it presentable and protect, and perhaps one rubberband around the 3, see how snug it fits inside, use more material if not. The extra USPS box inside looks cheap. You should buy a box if needed.

just bought the 9" tall 250 foot corrugated cardboard you suggested. I also bought a large amount of bubble wrap from multiple vendors. I am also an ebay seller so I will make use of this stuff for sure. I'm all STOCKED UP! Thanks for the advice!

Smart choices. I've received probably more packages than anyone here, one time I swear, not lying, there was some kind of clothing used a packing, like some dude worked at a factory and used his shirt uniforms to pack the box lol. Also seen various newspapers, pillows, duct tape and whathaveyou. The more pro you look, the more pro you do. The bubble wrap and then that cardboard is pro. Good luck man!

The Hot Pepper said:
Smart choices. I've received probably more packages than anyone here, one time I swear, not lying, there was some kind of clothing used a packing, like some dude worked at a factory and used his shirt uniforms to pack the box lol. Also seen various newspapers, pillows, duct tape and whathaveyou. The more pro you look, the more pro you do. The bubble wrap and then that cardboard is pro. Good luck man!

Agreed THP. Good product is of course paramount, but packaging and visual appeal ranks a damn close second. Never another chance to get a "first impression" via mail. 

Back