Shipping Sauces Overseas

Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever use Less than Container Load/loose pallet shipments(LCL) to the UK from the US or visa versa?

I have a major problem. You may be aware that I will be launching our Naga Morich based 'snakebite' sauces soon but cost effective shipment from the UK to the US (at least as far as our US & Candian friends are concerned) is proving troublesome.

For example we have been quoted a price of £5.66 ($11) to ship one bottle of sauce and £8.66 ($17) to ship two. Thats outrageous as far as Im concerned and I wouldnt expect any one to pay those sort of shipment charges no matter how fantastic we think our sauces are :onfire:

The obvious solution is for someone to make our sauce in Canada/US but the problem is that no one in the US/CAnada can get the fresh Naga Morich pods over there which makes our sauce unique.

Weve got 100s of orders but the cost makes it almost prohibitive to ship. What a nightmare!!

Does anyone have any words of encouragement/advice.

Thanks in advance

darlochileman said:
Hi Guys,

Has anyone ever use Less than Container Load/loose pallet shipments(LCL) to the UK from the US or visa versa?

I have a major problem. You may be aware that I will be launching our Naga Morich based 'snakebite' sauces soon but cost effective shipment from the UK to the US (at least as far as our US & Candian friends are concerned) is proving troublesome.

For example we have been quoted a price of £5.66 ($11) to ship one bottle of sauce and £8.66 ($17) to ship two. Thats outrageous as far as Im concerned and I wouldnt expect any one to pay those sort of shipment charges no matter how fantastic we think our sauces are :onfire:

The obvious solution is for someone to make our sauce in Canada/US but the problem is that no one in the US/CAnada can get the fresh Naga Morich pods over there which makes our sauce unique.

What a nightmare!!

Thanks in advance

Just $11 a bottle to ship? That's not steep at all to me. I was figuring it would be like $20 or so per bottle to ship here.

Actually, if you were to send a bunch of bottles to one person, and have them ship them within the US, you would save a ton of $. It's very expensive to send 1 or 2 bottles, but the price increases as the weight goes up is minimal. Shipping let's say 15 pounds of product is not much more expensive than shipping 1 or 2 pounds.

Why should only smugglers and drug dealers get the the best shipping rates? Find a heroin mule to piggy back the product onto the load of Golden Triangle #7. Better yet, start your own Chili Pepper Sauce Cartel and really get things moving.

darlochileman said:
Hi Guys,

For example we have been quoted a price of £5.66 ($11) to ship one bottle of sauce and £8.66 ($17) to ship two. Thats outrageous as far as Im concerned and I wouldnt expect any one to pay those sort of shipment charges no matter how fantastic we think our sauces are :lol:

Weve got 100s of orders but the cost makes it almost prohibitive to ship. What a nightmare!!

Thanks in advance

Mark,
As Creator said and as I advised you as well, you need one point of distribution in North America, plain and simple if you're concerned about that.
You find a distributor that is willing to pay the freight and duties of the entire inbound shipment and then you give them a list of where the product is to be disseminated to.
Honestly, the freight rates you have been quoted aren't that outrageous. I've paid way more to get product from overseas. Don't worry so much about it, if people knew you were in the UK, where did they think it was going to ship from, their corner store??
Contact everyone with an invoice, include the cost of the freight that you were quoted and get these bottles rolling man.
People will pay if they want the product, no questions asked.
Now if you're charging $50 and the package arrives with $10 worth of postage, then you'll have an issue. You seem like an honest bloke, so no one should have any concerns, right?

Uncle Big said:
Mark,

Contact everyone with an invoice, include the cost of the freight that you were quoted and get these bottles rolling man.
People will pay if they want the product, no questions asked.
Now if you're charging $50 and the package arrives with $10 worth of postage, then you'll have an issue. You seem like an honest bloke, so no one should have any concerns, right?

That's the way it's done! You are directly paid from the buyer for the product and shipping rate before the item is shipped.
btw, when you send the emails to those lucky souls who are on the list, you may want to state that payment is due within a specified amount of time, this way folks don't drag out the paying process forever. 3 to 7 days to pay is a fair period, however make sure once they pay that the product is ready to ship promptly. People tend to get unfriendly if they pay and then have to wait weeks before they recieve their order.
Cheers!

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the advice. Ive ranked my brains and can't think of any way of reducing the shipping costs for you guys at the moment so Ive decided to ship them anyway. Those who have already registered will recieve an email over the next day of two giving details where they can be bought.

Lets rock and roll

Mark

I guess this answers my question from the 'I Ate the Naga Morich' thread! lol

Now I have no problem paying $12 American dollars to get my hands on a bottle of the Naga Morich Reserve! Where's that e-mail confirmation?!? ;)

Back