• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Shlogg's Pod Pics

Great plants and harvest. How is the taste on the FG? The description on pepperlover.com's site doesn't sound very flattering.

More great pics, Dshlogg!

How awesome are parasitic wasps?? I got ones here that take care of my aphids for me. :D
Thanks again man! I love my beneficial insects and spiders. My favorite are Praying Mantis and Jumping Spiders. Something about a bug that will actually look at you amazes me.
i thought some sounded familiar, especially the ts fg
i did remember selling you some of those
very nice plants!!

thanks your friend Joe
Thanks AJ.
Awesome peppers!! Great selection!! You have one heck of an awesome garden!! Nice work!!
Thats alot bro! Keep checking in. I have quite a few other varieties.
Awesome pictures, you mainly use a flash with all your outdoor shots?
I did use a flash on all of these pics. I'm still experimenting with my technique. I shoot all handheld so I might try no flash and a higher ISO.
Great plants and harvest. How is the taste on the FG? The description on pepperlover.com's site doesn't sound very flattering.
I didn't end up trying it. It was so late by then and I didn't want to sleep on a burning stomach. The next day I ended up trying a 7 Pot Douglah. It was awesome! Sweet then fruity and kind of flowery, then tongue and throat burn like crazy. My ear actually hurt and I got violent hiccups. Today I had a Bhut Jolokia Peach and that thing was a beast too. It was too bitter for my liking but very hot. Maybe I'll try the FG tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes.
Nice, real nice. I bet your going to spend your fall season burnin up a storm. Nice pics, nice plants!
Thanks! I'll be burning up for sure. Can't wait.

A few more pics from todays gardening:

Hanoi with an unusual amount of sunburn.
Hanoi2012.jpg

Habanero Lemon
HabaneroLemon20122.jpg

Black Piquin Large. Love the variagation in the leaves. They have white, green, black and iridescent purple.
BlackPiquinLarge2012.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Peach. These turned out awesome!
BhutJolokiaWhite20123.jpg

BhutJolokiaWhite20122.jpg

Bhut Jolokia Purple. These too!
BhutJolokiaPurple2012.jpg

Bhut Jolokia White. Not as expected unfortunately. I split a bag of 50 seeds with alot of members on here. I would love to see how anyone elses turned out. The best example of a White Bhut I've seen is from AISPES but I don't think they have stablized it yet.
BhutJolokiaPeach2012.jpg

Ajicito
Ajicito2012.jpg

Aji Habanero
AjiHabanero2012.jpg

Thanks for tuning in!

Your scotch bonnet looks like a jamaican mushtoom
Yeah I know. It basically is a Jamaican Mushroom but some would consider it a Scotch Bonnet. There's alot of debate about Scotch Bonnets. Are they an annuum or chinense? What shape are they? That's why I labeled the picture as Scotch Bonnet (annuum). I personally believe an ideal Scotch Bonnet is a Chinense shaped like a bonnet hat. I've seen pics of them but haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on one.

Did you get your plant from refining fire chilis?

Because i ordered a scotch which grew out like yours a jamaican mushroom. Mon its crazy

Did you get your plant from refining fire chilis?

Because i ordered a scotch which grew out like yours a jamaican mushroom. Mon its crazy

No I actually got them in a trade. I have seeds from several sources but I only grew seeds from one person. I actually have Jamaican Mushroom seeds too. Funny thing is. A friend of mine brought me some "Scotch Bonnet" pods that he brought from Jamaica. They looked like Yellow Habs not bonnet shaped at all. Oh well. Next year I hope to get some that are my idea of true to form.

Man is there even such thing as a true bonnete. To much for my brain.

Hope my mushroom "bonnett" plant will ripe before frost rolls in. I want at least one. Damn summer was hoot and dry not a good season

Man is there even such thing as a true bonnete. To much for my brain.

Hope my mushroom "bonnett" plant will ripe before frost rolls in. I want at least one. Damn summer was hoot and dry not a good season

They are out there somewhere. :P

Couple more shots from yesterday. I tried a few with no flash but the lighting wasn't right so I scrapped them. Anyway my plants are still going strong. Hope the weather holds off for a couple more weeks.

Aji Cristal. These are delicious.
AjiCristal2012.jpg

7 Pot Yellow X Unknown
7PotYellow2012.jpg

7 Pot Barrackpore (Pure Evil)
7PotBarrackpore20122.jpg

Cajamarca Going Strong
AjiCajamarca20122.jpg

That's all I got for tonight. Taking the family down to Florida Monday so I won't see my plants all next week. :tear: Hope they don't miss me too much.

Beautiful pics and pods man. Might have to hit Joe up for some of them TS FG seeds. Keep it up man, your plants look amazing.

Yeah I know. It basically is a Jamaican Mushroom but some would consider it a Scotch Bonnet. There's alot of debate about Scotch Bonnets. Are they an annuum or chinense? What shape are they? That's why I labeled the picture as Scotch Bonnet (annuum). I personally believe an ideal Scotch Bonnet is a Chinense shaped like a bonnet hat. I've seen pics of them but haven't been lucky enough to get my hands on one.

Scotch bonnets are C. chinenses. I don't think there is any debate about it with chileheads :)

"A Grade A Scotch bonnet is expected to:
  • have a cup and saucer shape or look like a Scottish man's bonnet (tam)
  • have four or five lobes
  • be 1.5 inches wide
  • have a stalk no longer than 1 1/4 inches long
  • be without blemishes on the skin
  • be free of chemical residue"
http://www.fiery-foo...pers-of-jamaica

stc3248 said:
Thanks for the heads up. Can't believe they had the nerve to say the pics are copyrighted.

I haven't had much going on with chile peps this year or last. I bought a new house (actually an old fixer upper) January 2015 and have been too busy fixing the place up. Actually just tilled our first garden here yesterday. It's just a small 16'x 20'for now. I'm sure it will spread out as years go on since we have a couple acres. I didn't start any plants this winter so I plan on grabbing a couple from ccn. Anyway doing pretty well and I hope the same for you and all my other homies on here. Take care!

Back