• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

should i be snipping off flowers now?

I'm in Montreal so my harvest time is usually late September early October. I just noticed flowers starting to pop up on my Bhut's and Habs. I snipped them off yesterday to help stimulate more root and branch growth. Should I just leave them be or keep snipping into July?

How big are your plants? I pinched the first few when I first potted up to their final homes and for about a week after. By that time it'd be impossible to keep up.

When I first transplanted my peppers they sprouted a few flowers but I picked those off mainly because that's what everyone said to do on here.  Now, three weeks later they're 2-3 times the size and once again starting to sprout flowers so I'm just going to leave them.

Save yourself the time and effort and leave 'em be. The capsicum species is more than capable of growing and producing at the same time, that's what it does. If it's not ready to produce, it won't.

gasificada said:
Save yourself the time and effort and leave 'em be. The capsicum species is more than capable of growing and producing at the same time, that's what it does. If it's not ready to produce, it won't.

+ 1

If you leave them alone you may get an early fruit or two, but the plant will know when its ready to have a crop.

Back