• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Should I pick off wrinkly leaves

zYTfJce.png
a few of my peppers have wrinkly leaves on top, is it a waste of the plants energy to leave them on?

As long as they're green, it's almost always best to leave them on. Even though they're ugly, they're still photosynthesizing. 

Sometimes leaves start out wrinkly if they are growing fast but then straighten out as they get larger.  Do leave them on unless they start to rot.  I would give them another dose of fertilizer but some people are against fertilizer so... your call.  I like to fertilize with very small amounts, frequently.

yep... looks like over fertilizing to me. Leave them on, they'll recover.... but cut back on the dosage of fertilizer.

Do you see any bugs under the leaves, I had broad mites do similar things to my peppers. Find a magnifier glass and see if you can find any. But hopefully it's just rapid growth which can mimic the same thing. Growing plants is awesome but somethings it can be quite stressful!

I don't think any informed grower is against fertilizer. Instead, it's a matter of experience that says how much and how often to use it. If you use it full-strength with every watering you're going to fry your plants, especially if they are young. Better to start off with lower doses (1/4 strength to start) and every other watering. Even at full strength once the plants are mature it should not be used at every watering.  Unless, of course, you just want your plants to be burned…  ;)

Back