• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid * * Show off your Crosses & Off pheno's of 2015 * *

Really nice, I want to try and get a nice omni color cross this year. Thinking about crossing it with paper lantern or something along similar lines. Would be nice to get a larger, hotter pepper with the same kind of color variances while maintaining a decent flavor. 

alkhall said:

Red and yellow pods off the same plant?

Looks great.
Thanks -- Grew five scotch yellows from the same bag of seeds. One plant popped out red pods, most didn't look like those above so only saved seeds from that pheno. Dude I got the seeds from grew a ton of reapers next to them. Really just hopeful it actually crossed with one. The yellow pod is just for comparison of what the scotch yellows looked like
D3monic said:
Really nice, I want to try and get a nice omni color cross this year. Thinking about crossing it with paper lantern or something along similar lines. Would be nice to get a larger, hotter pepper with the same kind of color variances while maintaining a decent flavor. 
That sir, would be incredible

Those are dope.  Look like Steve's

if you saved some of the seeds I'll grow some out if you have extras.  How did those taste?  Heat?

Ozzy2001 said:
Those are dope.  Look like Steve's

if you saved some of the seeds I'll grow some out if you have extras.  How did those taste?  Heat?
Steve's definitely has that MOA lobe thing going. Thinking back 3 months when I last had them, hotter than scotch but probably nowhere near reaper. I'm sure I liked it more than I should have since it could be a cool cross lol. Taste is what you'd expect from a hot red chinense. Nothing off-putting at all. Some of the pods looked nothing like those above, they'd be enormous and shaped like a bhut...true to f2 I suppose. By far the biggest pods I grew. Toward the end of the season they started to take on the shape above more and more, which flipped my wig. I labeled the seeds as f2 but I guess the plant and resulting pods would be f3. I'm no pro on how that works.

I don't have a ton of seeds left but good thing you're behind me on the train! Shoot me a PM if you want some sooner and I'll take care of you.

7JPN F2 white and purple;

21513617712_5fcd664149_b.jpg

Wow Ryan, those are awesome!!! I need to hit you up for more of those seeds... I had bad luck this year with many of my plants. The one standout from your creations was a 7JPN x Moruga (what a beautiful plant that was, and the pods were very tasty and had some nice heat).

cloudhand said:
Wow Ryan, those are awesome!!! I need to hit you up for more of those seeds... I had bad luck this year with many of my plants. The one standout from your creations was a 7JPN x Moruga (what a beautiful plant that was, and the pods were very tasty and had some nice heat).

The 7JPN x Morugas are doing great in heat, taste, and aesthetics. I made a sauce out of these white and purple ones and it came out pink! They need to be cooked first because of the texture. Hopefully I will find the large amount of seeds I saved. I seemed to have misplaced them atm.

Not my cross, but I am growing it this year. Jalapeno x Black pearl F3+. I have 2 phenos dark (picture) and with green leaves/pods. Light one has no heat at all. Waiting for this dark one to get ripen. Size of the pods is identical. Light one has no dark tones at all.

DSC_0304_zpsn8kwegxt.jpg

The_DoGMaN said:
I'm really interested to see how my F2 Choc bhut x el jefe jalapenos turn out.  The F1 fruit was awesome.

CPMzEMnWUAEBlK4.jpg

CPCIarxWUAAdgng.jpg

CPCIawCW8AIyUSv.jpg

CPCIZkOWUAAQe7o.jpg

[edit]Added pictures.

That is an awesome looking pepper. Love the color of it.

lobo said:

Nagnero Tripple - Naganero F1 X Devil's Tongue Yellow - Original my own Hybrid

Have you crossed Tripple with anything this year ? it could be another fun project  :fire: Funny how it is darker than Naganero. Curious about color.

Back