• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

ShowMeDaPowda!!!

Home grown aji panca and tekne dolmasi powder. Man is this tasty. Sweet and about half as hot as a jalapeno. Blows away the aji panca powder i bought.

This is 25gr worth. 50/50 of the peppas
AdA596N.jpg

I made some aji limon flakes/powder by over-drying a few batches of peppers at 180 degrees for seven hours or so.

It both smells and tastes radically different from any kind of commercial chili powder I've experienced. The scent reminds me of nuts and raisins, while it tastes delightfully sweet but still distinctly peppery with a hint of citrus and a kick of intense, but rather short-lived heat.

Wondering what kind of dish I could make with the stuff to make the most of its unique flavor.

i use a proctor silex 4 ounce coffee grinder i got on amazon for $15.  

i dried nearly my entire harvest this year besides the pods i ate fresh and a few jars of pickled jalapeno and cowhorn peppers. my wife keeps the freezers stuffed so it all got dried. i made some orange habanero and some cowhorn powder today. i still have red bhut, cayenne, thai chili and more serrano and cowhorn to make. 

20191102_132356_resized.jpg

20191102_133336_resized.jpg

BDASPNY said:

alright enough with the teasing, when will some be up for sale?

Hoping to have the smoked version ready by the end of the week, and I'll be posting them up. If you want one now just message me and I'll get them packed and shipped.

moruga welder said:

a plain ol' black and decker food processor ,   :party:

I took my mom's old coffee grinder. Needless to point out, its never going to be used for coffee again :) I ground a bunch of chocolate habs in it..i was sneezing for good 10 min from all that dust in the air after i opened it. And I allowed it to sit for 5 min after milling.

Back