• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Shredded Chicken Enchiladas

Cooked chicken (rubbed with salt and pepper)  in enchilada sauce (cheated and used canned) with garlic, 1/2 habalokia (minced), and some chicken broth for about 45 minutes.  Shredded with fork:
DSC_0377.JPG

DSC_0440.JPG

Added cumin, cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, cilantro and tossed:
DSC_0446.JPG

Put chicken mixture onto tortillas:
DSC_0447.JPG

8 enchiladas baked to put some color on them:
DSC_0450.JPG

Out of the oven after adding more enchilada sauce and more cheese:
DSC_0453.JPG

Time to eat.  Thanks for looking.

TJP

Looks good - even if the sauce was canned. I've had a hankering for chicken enchiladas suiza lately…. guess it's about time I made some. Maybe later this week.

nice buddy.  i had something similiar last night but just burrito with a hand full of your candied jalapenos on it.

Very nice!!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Looks fantastic! How was the chicken cooked...please do not say boiled! 

Actually makes for good enchiladas. Boiled chicken makes a very soft shred. You can put spices in the water like a corned beef. Bay leaves, Mexican oregano, and whole pepper corns do very well. After boiled, shred. Don't simmer in any sauce, roll the enchiladas and top with sauce and cheese and bake. I dunno, I like this style. I like the clean taste of the chicken inside with the sauce and cheese outside. I also like saucy inside too, like those. But I wouldn't knock boiled chicken for shreds, lots of Mex joints do it.  

The Hot Pepper said:
Very nice!!

Actually makes for good enchiladas. Boiled chicken makes a very soft shred. You can put spices in the water like a corned beef. Bay leaves, Mexican oregano, and whole pepper corns do very well. After boiled, shred. Don't simmer in any sauce, roll the enchiladas and top with sauce and cheese and bake. I dunno, I like this style. I like the clean taste of the chicken inside with the sauce and cheese outside. I also like saucy inside too, like those. But I wouldn't knock boiled chicken for shreds, lots of Mex joints do it.  
I know but I HATE boiled chicken and the texture. I don't care if the best Mexican place on the planet does it....still HATE it :)

I hear ya! We all have our preferences!

It's kinda funny but I like enchies that way, but not burritos. I GOT to have a saucy burrito, and not boiled chicken, lol. Something about the enchies being thin, and the layers, I like 'em dat way. Mole too.

A few of the places I have been that I like most do fire roasted or rotisserie chickens and shred them. In that case I find brine or injection does magic but you are right, to each our own. My hate comes from a lazy cook when I was young :)

That sounds good too. Smoked chicken sounds even better. :)

I'm with Chris on the boiled chix 'thang.

In fact I'm anti boiled meat of any kine.

A seven bone pot roast in the oven good.

A seven bone pot roast in boiled water bad.

And yeah I'm talkin' to YOU all y'all yahoo pencil neck no load cookie pushin' fools that think boiled ribs are cool.

I hope when y'all get to heaven all they have are boiled fajitas.

Rant over.

Hey that felt kinda' good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjutxqDTzg0

Oh go put a shmear of ranch on a wheat bagel!

And I agree, except when it comes to chicken enchiladas specifically. It's just a taste that works for me.

I hear ya THP.

I should also say that duck boiled in duck fat ala comfit, is exempt from my rant.

Duck comfit. That shit.

Duck comfit enchiladas.

OMFG!

I'm on a mission now.

Back