• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

chinense Sick Bhut ?

One of my Bhut's leaves have started to get a little yellow around the crinkles, this one always had curly leaves from the start, a couple others also have curly leaves but are fine.
I also noticed that it started to put out flower buds, but the buds turned brown and dropped off before they grew much.
I looked but haven't seen any insects etc, also is there any explanation why some plants come out with more curly leaves than others ? They are all growing in the same medium etc.

sick1lp9.jpg

Dried up flower buds
sick2cx4.jpg

Strong plant with buds
budshr6.jpg

Your plant seems to have the same symptoms as red hab. I potted up to a three Gal. pot. It was pretty root bound. What I noticed as I was removing it from the old pot was that water was running from the drain holes when I squeezed it to loosen it. I water at night about every 3 days or so. I have been using the "Pam test" for watering(poke your finger down about 2" and see if it's wet). I think I need longer fingers. The soil was way too wet.
Hope that helps.

Looks nutritional to me, and this is one of those times that Miracle Gro is actually a good idea. Get some Miracle Gro for Tomatoes and give the plants a shot or two, then go back to your regular fertilizing routine.

Miracle Gro is a complete fertilizer, it does have all the micro and macro nutrients needed by the plant. It's like giving a candy bar to an athlete, though; the quick burst of sugar can help them get over a hump, but nothing can replace the hours of slow conditioning.

Back