• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Sick plants. No idea whats going on

Basically leaves get black or dark brown markings and more so on the underside. Leaves that are affected often have this white fluffy looking stuff the "stuff" seems quite strongly bonded to the leaves and you cant wipe or scrape it off. Affected leaves end up dying off prematurely. New leaves on the plant come up fine but as they grow and age, they turn like this. The plant still makes fruit normally though.

I cant see sign of mites or aphids and I spray weekly with insecticidal soap both on top and underside of the leaves. The plant was doing this when outside and also now that its indoor without a lot of strong light.

Any ideas of what this is? Is it some kind of mold or mildew? Any help would be appreciated.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looks a lot like the fungus that's hit around these parts (N.E. Ohio) - reportedly it spread down this way out of Canada. I'd suggest talking with your local ag office about it.

Some of my plants took on this brown appearance, only on the top of the leaf and nothing on the bottom. First couple of plants to get it were outside, I have since brought everything inside and others have started to show signs. The leaves look yellow in the picture but are actually green(cheap camera thing). But I definitely don't have the white yuk like you have.

HPIM1902.jpg

HPIM1901.jpg

Damn that sucks :( I wonder if it is a fungus, if I can just pull off all the affected leaves in hopes that the plant can recover. I'll be doing some more research. Sigh :(

It sure looks like white flies to me. Whack 'em with an appropriate insecticide. They'll mess up your plants for sure. You'll have to be diligent and treat more than once.

Back