• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sickly Red Savina

I have 2 Red Savinas I'm growing, that I bought through chileplants.com. Let me state that I have never grown anything plant-like before, so I don't know squat. I'm growing them in pots, as I do not have the space to put the them in the ground. I put them in the pots on April 21st. They started out at about the same size. But after 28 days, they do NOT look the same anymore. One is tall, green, budding and strong. The other seems to have stop growing(no new leaves or buds), and is a slightly yellow color. I have watered and fertilized them the same. I fertilized them with seaweed emulsion when they first went into the pots. Since then I have fertilized them twice with fish emulsion.
So my question, what can i do to get the sickly Red Savina back on track?
Here is a picture of them together :
149016661_24c293d0bf_m.jpg

Thanks for any information/assistance!!

First off, I see a small patch of dirt behind the pots where you could stick the plants :twisted:. Second, some deeper pots will be in order soon(Don't think that's the problem with the one on the left). You might be overwatering, be very careful on that. I just had two pepper plants die due to overwatering(eek!). I don't think the problem is with the fertilizing(pepper's really don't need much).

It could just have been a bum plant from the get go, plants, like people are known to have defects. From the pic, the one on the left doesn't seem all that bad off, just a little stunted and slightly yellow. Have you checked for bugs(aphids, scale, etc)?

Imaguitargod, thanks for the info. I believe you were correct about the plant just being stunted. After looking the same way for about 2 weeks, in the last six days it has turned back to a deep green, and has lots of new growth. No aphids, but there are some ants roaming around...

Back