seed-train Signup for the 2019/2020 mega seed train is now open!

1. Uncle_Eccoli
2. bpiela
3. midwestchilehead
4. CraftyFox
5. PepperBen
6. TexasHotPeppers
9. saiias
10. Babysas
14. Biggy
19. Hillbilly Jeff
20. Walchit
-Return to station

1. Uncle_Eccoli
2. bpiela
3. midwestchilehead
4. CraftyFox
5. PepperBen
6. TexasHotPeppers
7.sinn
9. saiias
10. Babysas
14. Biggy
19. Hillbilly Jeff
20. Walchit
-Return to station

1. Uncle_Eccoli
2. bpiela
3. midwestchilehead
4. CraftyFox
5. PepperBen
6. TexasHotPeppers
7.sinn
8.roper2008
9. saiias
10. Babysas
14. Biggy
19. Hillbilly Jeff
20. Walchit
-Return to station

roper2008 said:
So, we will put all the seed of one variety in a baggie, and everyone can take what they want out of that baggie.
That’s how I do it. It’s much easier than making individual packs. But if you would rather do individual packs pre counted, that’s fine as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we do not fill the list by the 18th (next Friday) Id like to close the current round of sign ups and get the seed train rolling. Additional riders can be added at any time. I’ll make an announcement if the order changes for any reason.

The B train will travel from the bottom of the list moving upward and the A train will start at the top of the list moving down. You may choose to receive only one seed train if you prefer. Just make it known to the person ahead of you.

I am interested in getting in on this but since I've never done it before, I am not sure how it works.  Someone said they add packets of 100 seeds.  I don't have anywhere near that amount of seeds but do have quite a few varieties.  
I wouldn't want to short change the process so could someone give some examples of how this works?

Edited to add:  I did re-read the thread but I'm still a little confused.  Somedays it's just like that. :rolleyes:

Tybo said:
I am interested in getting in on this but since I've never done it before, I am not sure how it works.  Someone said they add packets of 100 seeds.  I don't have anywhere near that amount of seeds but do have quite a few varieties.  
I wouldn't want to short change the process so could someone give some examples of how this works?

Edited to add:  I did re-read the thread but I'm still a little confused.  Somedays it's just like that. :rolleyes:
I've also never done it. So someone will correct me if I'm wrong. You can add smaller seed packages of same or different varieties. The larger 100+ seed packs are designed so someone can just take some and leave the rest for the next guy. Basically if you don't take more than you contribute then there will always be something for the next guy.

Tybo said:

The goal is to take around the same that you give. A little more or a little less is fine. It doesn’t have to be packs of 100, it can be as few as 10. I share more than I take because I’m starting it off and I have a large supply saved this season.

I will add a package of small baggies for those who don’t have any on hand and would like to make a selection from the bulk packs.

Back