tools Silicone Seed Starters?

I've been looking around for some reusable seed starting trays. Some of the sturdy ones you find online are made of hard plastic, which is not easy to "pinch" when you need to pull the seedlings out to pot them up.

Then I realized that silicone might be a good material for this application. A quick search on Amazon gave me this.

Has anybody used them? If so, what are your thoughts?

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
The only thing I notice is, with plastic, the drain holes are often recessed or on the corners so they come up the side a little from the bottom, which helps with drainage on flat surfaces as well as aeration.

Bou

Extreme Member
Nice find but a bit pricey...

I have a couple of those that are gray. Same brand. They are well made and should last for years. I used them last year and had no problems with them. Squeezing out the seedlings was very easy. They are a little pricey but feel like they will last for years.
Don't know what else to say HM but I give them a thumbs up.

I have a couple of those that are gray. Same brand. They are well made and should last for years. I used them last year and had no problems with them. Squeezing out the seedlings was very easy. They are a little pricey but feel like they will last for years.
Don't know what else to say HM but I give them a thumbs up.

Thanks Tybo! An endorsement from people here is all I was looking for. Yes, they are a bit pricey but durability is what I'm after. I'll be trying them out.

The Hot Pepper

Founder
Admin
Dry erase marker comes up which is a neat idea.