• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Single Cotyledon

Hey quick question. I had a couple seeds sprout with 3 cotyledons which was cool...but I had a red hab that sprouted with only one...it seems to be doing fine except its lagging behind. No sign of first leaves yet. The others are WAY ahead. It looks healthy except the single leaf is standing straight up in the air, and it doesn't seem to be growing. Anyone else ever see this?

490339847.jpg

One of the triples...

490343277.jpg

The single is the third from left front row...I'll try to take a closer shot tomorrow. This was from about 3 days ago. The others are taking off and this one still looks the same...is it gonna catch up, or fizzle? I've got 3 more red habs growing, so no biggie. Just never seen it.

Thanks for any input.

The Pictures aint Coming Up?

My Habaneros seem to be behind but I heard that hotter chilies are harder to grow they need more heat, in my opinion it doesnt make sense but my habanero is way behind from the rest of my seedlings

It could be that the two cotyledons fused or you found yourself a cruddy seed. Either way I'd say that seedling might not make it unfortunately :mope: . It's a bummer but not every seed makes a perfect seedling. Good luck with the rest of your little dudes!

The Pictures aint Coming Up?

My Habaneros seem to be behind but I heard that hotter chilies are harder to grow they need more heat, in my opinion it doesnt make sense but my habanero is way behind from the rest of my seedlings

Hmmm, I can see the pics??? The rest of my Habs are doing fine and putting out leaves already...except this one.

It could be that the two cotyledons fused or you found yourself a cruddy seed. Either way I'd say that seedling might not make it unfortunately :mope: . It's a bummer but not every seed makes a perfect seedling. Good luck with the rest of your little dudes!

Not fused...it looks like it left the other one in the seed case or something. Its a week old and still nice and green. I guess we'll see...Just wondering if anyone had ever seen this before???

Back