• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Slightly yellow true leaves on seedlings

Super chilli, habaneros, birds eye, all seedlings with true leaves have a yellow tint to them. I searched on this forum and the closest thing is perhaps overwatering? I'm using a capillary mat so i'm not sure if overwater is the issue. I could stop it by putting a barrier between the mat and the bottom of the seed tray to prevent capillary action. I moved the florescent lights closer to the seedlings. Could that be the issue?

See the yellow on the true leaves, the starter leaves are nice and green.
P1010269.jpg

lights are closer to seedlings now
P1010260.jpg

They look fine to me but might want to cut back on the water a little if they are staying very wet. Also, might consider adding a small fan for airflow.

Mine looked very similar when they were little and I was worried.
Now that they are large though they are very dark green.
I did nothing different and they changed colour of their own accord.

if they green up in the next couple of days, they are OK...the new growth on the annuums grows so quickly, the chlorophyl has to "catch-up" with the leaf growth...you might hit them with a weak nutrient feed...about 1/4 recommended dose...they are probably getting hungry...

it seems that it takes a few days for the leaves to green up on mine...all of the new growth is a lighter color than the rest of the plant...

Agreed with AJ and above. Sometimes chlorophyll takes a little while to develop and enter into the newly developed cells. Give the little guys a little time and maybe a small snack before they make their big debut outside.

Back