• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Slonovo Uvo pepper

cone9

Extreme Member
I was given seeds for the Slonovo Uvo by Roper2008.  I had not heard of the pepper before but Linda knew I liked sweets as well as hot peppers.

I believe the seed came from http://pepperlover.com/  where it is listed as Elephant's Ear.

Here it is on the plant about a week ago.

The pepper was sweet, crunchy and with a very good flavor.  As you see, there were few seeds.  This was the first pepper off the plant and it developed early.  There are more on the plant but they are still small.  Hopefully it will prove productive as well as tasty.

kentishman said:
Thanks for posting. I haven't heard of this one. Would you grow it again?
It really depends on production.  So far only one mature pepper and Judy must have a dozen offerings from this part of the world.  I've looked at them repeatedly and would still be hard pressed to decide which to try next.  Her seeds really make me sow w

SavinaRed said:
Any heat to it like a jalapeno 
This straight sweet - no heat whatsoever.
ish I had a lot of growing space.

EDIT:  OK, so I don't know what the hell happened up there, I wasn't even drinking when I posted that (maybe a bit later).  So, if I may, I'll try again.

This is straight sweet - no heat whatsoever.

And this: "ish I had a lot of growing space." belongs to kentishman.  Honey, will you bring me a couple beers?

Thanks cone9, I'm interested in a sweet red pepper. I'm growing Crunch Sweet Orange, and I'm looking for something similar that's red. I hope it produces well.

Back