food (Slow Cooker) French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches

I seen this recepie and thought it would be good to try so here it is

10 sandwiches 5¼ hours 15 min prep

4 lbs bottom round beef roast
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not condensed soup)
1 (12 ounce) can
3 beef bouillon cubes
1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
salt
10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)
provolone cheese (optional)

Place roast in 4.5 - 6 quart slow cooker.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and over it.
Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven't tried it!).
Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.

Canuk Pepperhead said:
I seen this recepie and thought it would be good to try so here it is

10 sandwiches 5¼ hours 15 min prep

4 lbs bottom round beef roast
1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not condensed soup)
1 (12 ounce) can
3 beef bouillon cubes
1/4-1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
salt
10 kaiser rolls (or your favorite hard rolls)
provolone cheese (optional)

Place roast in 4.5 - 6 quart slow cooker.
Sprinkle with onion soup mix and then pour onion soup and over it.
Drop bouillon cubes in different spots into the liquid and sprinkle pepper and salt to taste over all.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours. (I guess you could also cook on low for 8 hours or so, but I haven't tried it!).
Remove meat and slice or shred; return to slow cooker and cover.
Turn to low and let meat soak up the juices until ready to serve.
Our favorite way to serve: open rolls and place a slice of provolone on one side of each; place under broiler until cheese is almost melted. Spoon beef on top with slotted spoon and serve sandwich with a side cup of au jus.

umm did you miss one there?

Horseradish? It sounds pretty good as is Canuck.

I would slice it before cooking at all. Just a textural thing. If you cook it for 4-5 hours it will probably seperate into chunks.

Thanks for the recipe! It is real similar to my pot roast recipe, only you bake it, covered, and add a can of cream of mushroom soup to the bottom of the pan to make a gravy. Also add carrots and potatoes and garlic of course.

Lucky thinks it is missing the remainder of his week old can of whoopass, (I would like to know which of his recipes required only a partial can of whoop ass!!)I mean come on fellas, if we are gonna really cook here, use the whole f**king can! I mean seriously.

And Sickmont thinks that more whoopass may be required, and that furthermore, it is available.

I thought the recipe looked good. Despite the lack of peppers, the juices released by the beef would combine with the onion soup by osmosis and would, in all likelyhood, mutate into a rather potent form of whoopass. So I doubt if that is what was missing.

How long will it take that damn Canadian to remember that he posted that incomplete recipe and get back here??

bentalphanerd said:
he's already got - 1 (19 ounce) can progresso French onion soup (not condensed soup)

12 onces of woopass is sounding right :lol:

Hmmmm....french onion whoopass soup....sounds saucy indeed.....i'm really liking that title already.

Im planning to try this recepie this weekend It just caught my eye thats why I posted it ill let ya all know how it tastes..(I have some smoked naga powder ill be introducing thx Potawie)

I told you! The recipe would create it's own whoop ass. The beer is obviously to temper the whoopass that is naturally created through such a simple but flavorful recipe.

Back