• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Slow growth on bhuts

I am also growing some bhuts but mine are growing so slow. They still only have the starter leaves. Mine sprouted about two weeks ago and have shown minimal growth. I have mine in a closet under a shop light. Light is about 2 in away. Could it be the temp? It's about 65-68 in there. I have the lights on a timer running 18/6. Should I stick a little heater in there maybe? I tried inserting a pic but it said that extension isn't allowed in this board. I'm using Picasa.

Here is a link to my pics.

https://picasaweb.google.com/105212387424725176925/2011Plants?authkey=Gv1sRgCKPrx_LHh9ipEw#5571915416131478866

It could be warmer but slow growth isn't always a bad thing. You still have at least 3 months before they go outside. Maybe try adding a regular old incandescent bulb in the closet to warm it up. Keep an eye on it though until you figure out how warm it's going to get. I have my lights on 24/7 for now. I'll cut back to 18/6 in a few weeks or so.

wonder if it's your humidity level, in conjunction with heat?
mine are about a month old and range in height from 2 -3 inches, maybe give them a little more time, i have a scorpian that is a month old and just produced its 3rd leaf this week and my douglahs are 2 weeks old and still only have their first leaves.

I tried inserting a pic but it said that extension isn't allowed in this board. I'm using Picasa.

For Picasa:
-Upload photo to your Picasa website
-On right side, click on "link to photo"
-select size: large or medium
-click box "image only no link"
-highlight the "Embed Image" string, right click and copy

-Go to your forum post, click on "insert image" icon
-Right click and paste in your embed image string
-click "insert image"
--preview your post to see if it worked... :cool:

P.S. if you have several photos to show like you did, the way you did it is fine.

Thanks for the photo posting advice. I will give it a go.

@ Burning Colon- I looked at them this morning and I can see the beginnings of little shoots coming out in between the starter leaves. Looks like they are on their way. I will have to start a grow log here.

Muskymojo, I will have to keep track of what you are doing with your plants as we will be having the exact same growing season pretty much. Do you have them started indoors now?

Muskymojo, I will have to keep track of what you are doing with your plants as we will be having the exact same growing season pretty much. Do you have them started indoors now?

Yup, started them on 1/22/11. I have them under 4' 4 tube t8's 24/7. Most of my true leaves are a little bigger than the starter leaves at this point. I started a grow log but then my hard drive fried so I'm using a friends laptop now. I will be posting pics on my grow log every week or two once I get my computer up and running again. We actually have a really good climate for most hot peppers because it's so hot and humid here in the summer. Last year was awesome for me!

Back