• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics small first harvest

Santa fe grande, ripe enough for me, still has a few days to go before starting to turn.... not sure about the other two, mystery hot mix seeds from ajijoe....

20131017_120612.jpg

Over the next 30 days, my phone says it shouldnt drop below 46 with highs in the 60s and 70s.... first time growing out here.... got quite a few more only days away from fully ripening.... waiting on the fatalis mainly....
Still have a labelled "aji limon?" pod, wuite a few fatalli pods, some japone/thai pod type, a single scotch bonnet pod and a labelled "mystery ornamental" pods. ... some are starting to flower, sone are still flowering.... nothing from mt primos, butch t, Pimenta de neyde, pequin, peter, bonnet-types and s few others....

Been told ill have s few frost days, but I'm at most a mile or two off the beach and a bout an hour from san diego. ...

nice pods

i wish i knew what they were that mix has so much in it i cant remember most of them

sorry  thanks your friend Joe

ajijoe said:
nice pods

i wish i knew what they were that mix has so much in it i cant remember most of them

sorry  thanks your friend Joe
That smaller one is pretty hot.... not sure about the other three yet.... I just like knowing so I can accurately label stuff....

rhm3769 said:
That smaller one is pretty hot.... not sure about the other three yet.... I just like knowing so I can accurately label stuff....
the plant from the small one are the leaves purple and white spotted?

if they are it prolly Variagated tri color
let me know

thanks your friend Joe

No, the only plants I have with purple leaves are purple flash and pimenta de neyde, if I remember correctly, both came from you, as well....

The small one, from my ID thread, the pods turn black with sun exposure.... they're about the same size are the white habs I had last year and similar is size to the dried pequin pods I bought locally.... I would have to look back at pictures, but I thought the flowers were white with slight purpling on the outer edges.... stems and branches show purpling, mostly around splits and branchings....

Not sure if it makes a difference or if it describes it.... the group of three, the only way I can describe the taste is "bright" and not in a good way.... not bad, just not a taste for me.... they'll be a sauce pepper.... just enough heat where itd probably be too hot for most if jalapenos are considered "hot"....

Back