• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Small LED build

I'm setting up in a cabinet that is 18x36 by 26 tall (inside). I know this is a little small but I hope to trim them back to keep them short, as I don't have enough space for much more. I have a calculated 13,000 lumens of 5000k white light from Samsung 2323 LEDs. Since this is coming from so many LEDs (on strips) I thought it might be a good idea to have some of the strips go down the sides of the cabinet instead of all the light from the top, thoughts on that? At the moment I have 6 sets on top and 6 sets on the sides.

I have not tin foiled the inside but I could if people think it would be neededor moderatly helpful.

For those who like technical details: each LED strip has  48 LEDs, 8parallel 6 series. I have sets of 2 strips in series and 12 sets is parallel. My 85 watt driver is putting out 2.4 amps and the LEDs are using a measured 32.6 volts. My calculations say the whole set up should be ~13,500 lumens.

In the included image I have a box to raise the plants to be up closer to the lights for the first little while. I'm aiming to germinate 4 of each seed and select the best 3 or less, depening on space and such, to keep going to adult plants.

u3tt8q0.jpg

I couldn't tell you if our setup will fruit plants.  I can tell you two things though.  You will want to start with some plants that stay pretty short.  A lot of wilds will work.  Baccatums would be my choice though.  Planted in my raised beds, my Aji Limon and Pineapple never got more than 24" tall.  They were bushy as hell though, and made a ton of pods.  Probably more than anything else I grew.  Second, white paint will be more beneficial than foil will.

Back