• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Small orange baccatum that is very hot. Any idea?

These are from Pepperproblem`s freezer and are unlabeled. I`ve eaten a good few of them and it is definitely a C.baccatum variety. However, it is very hot. Not quite Habanero hot, but not that far short. It is, by far, the hottest baccatum I`ve eaten.

Does anyone have any ideas??? It looks too small to be Queen Laurie, not the right shape for Aji habanero. I have about 100 pods and these are representative of all of them. 

ajijoe said:
i think its  PITANGA LARANHA
It looks just like it and the Laranha is a Baccatum and is quite hot too, also not surprised you have 100 pods its a crazy producer
thanks your friend Joe

Hi Joe,
How would you compare the heat and flavor of these compared to the Aji Cito?
thanks!

ajijoe said:
i think its  PITANGA LARANHA
It looks just like it and the Laranha is a Baccatum and is quite hot too, also not surprised you have 100 pods its a crazy producer
thanks your friend Joe
Thanks so much, Joe. It is a delicious, sweet-ish pepper, with lots of heat. The baccatum flavour takes a little while to become apparent, but once you taste it, it`s there in spades. 

megahot said:

Hi Joe,
How would you compare the heat and flavor of these compared to the Aji Cito?
thanks!
from whatvi get the cito has thye same flavor as the aji amarillo in that its a milder fruity flavor but the larnha even though a lot hotter and takes a little more time for the fruityness to become appent seems to have more, the hotter ones almost seem to have better flavor??

thanks hope this helps
your friend Joe

PepperDaddler said:
How would you describe "baccatum" flavor?
That`s a very good question indeed and one I wrestle with all the time for all peppers. Unless you`ve eaten them, it`s nigh on impossible to say. We have all had vanilla, right? Describe how that tastes in a way I`ll understand. 

You need to find some Bishops Crowns or Peru Inca drop or Aji lemon, or Aji crystal or, or, or. The red ones taste better to me.

The peppers I`m showing a photo of here came from Pepperproblem`s freezer, so wouldn`t make it down to you if I mailed some. 

Nigel said:
That`s a very good question indeed and one I wrestle with all the time for all peppers. Unless you`ve eaten them, it`s nigh on impossible to say. We have all had vanilla, right? Describe how that tastes in a way I`ll understand. 

You need to find some Bishops Crowns or Peru Inca drop or Aji lemon, or Aji crystal or, or, or. The red ones taste better to me.

The peppers I`m showing a photo of here came from Pepperproblem`s freezer, so wouldn`t make it down to you if I mailed some. 
just wait till you try the Aji Pineapple ;) 

Back