• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

small plant flowering

As I was very late in the season with growing my plants they are still just babies and I was wondering if I should let the plants that is about 40cm (15 inch) bear fruit or should I remove the flowers so the plant can concentrate on growing some more? its a hot wax btw.

Second thing all my bhuts have something that looks like dried or burnt damage on some of the top leaves and it's only on the very tip of the leaves no other of my plants have this and other then that they look great and are thriving... any ideas?

I started growing peppers the first time this year. The plants came out at the nurseries pretty late (late May/early June) this year, so even at this date my plants are pretty small - the jalapenos are only 12" tall right now. However, they've been pretty prolific, in spite of their size - I figure let them do what comes natural. You might be able to make out below that in addition to the obvious pods, there are some small pods starting, and even some where the flowers have just dropped their petals - more on the way.

My cowhorn/cayenne is only 18" tall, and I've gotten some fine pods from that one, too. It's not as prolific as the jalapenos, but I'm okay with that.

jalapeno%2020100815.JPG

Hi all

I was going to ask a similar question. I have a plant in a 7" pot with 2 pods on it. Is it ok to repot it or do i just feed it more?

14082010437.jpg

Thanks
Scott

Both my jalapenos and my cowhorn/cayenne are in 10" pots, and as I've posted, the jalapenos are 12" tall, while the cowhorn/cayenne is 18" tall. I'm definitely going to repot in larger pots for next year, but will leave alone for now, since I have so many pods.

How tall is that plant in the 7" pot, and how tall is the variety supposed to get, in general? I am thinking your pot is too small for the plant. However, it looks to me like you've still got some flowering going on - you might want to wait until it stops producing so as not to shock the plant.

Both my jalapenos and my cowhorn/cayenne are in 10" pots, and as I've posted, the jalapenos are 12" tall, while the cowhorn/cayenne is 18" tall. I'm definitely going to repot in larger pots for next year, but will leave alone for now, since I have so many pods.

How tall is that plant in the 7" pot, and how tall is the variety supposed to get, in general? I am thinking your pot is too small for the plant. However, it looks to me like you've still got some flowering going on - you might want to wait until it stops producing so as not to shock the plant.

My plant is 20" tall the others that I have repoted are about 3ft tall. So should I just feed this plant more?

Scottdrum - Go ahead and repot.

Vax - At this point, I'd let the little guy bear fruit. He'll still grow more even while doing so. It really won't hurt anything.

Back