• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Small taste of Tounge wrapper

I bought 2 bottles of Tounge wrapper from justaguy. Ingredients:

Carrot
Naga Jolokia
Lemon Juice
Blueberry
Sugar

The package arrived after I had eaten lunch, but was dying to try some. I put a small drop on a plate, scooped it up with my finger, and put it in my mouth. Holy cow! I was quickly flooded with the Blueberry taste, then BANG, the heat explodes. It was not unbearable, and quickly dissipated. I wonder if a larger quantity would have made me run for the milk, or would have had a longer burn. I'm too tired to find the link now, but I must disagree with a video reviewer who mentioned that the heat completely drowned out any blueberry flavor. The blueberry and sugar flavor was strong and instantly noticeable.

I'll put a larger quantity on my lunch meal tomorrow, and post a more detailed review. It comes in a nice bottle, professionally sealed, with one of those plastic tops that allows small drops to be poured out. Good service. I sent a paypal payment Sunday night. The package arrived today.

Love that sauce, I think its a perfect balance of sweetness and hotness. Whenever I get a new shipment of hot sauce I gain 2308423 pounds because I'm always trying to make food and find food to put the sauces on, even if I'm not hungry.

Yes, I like this one on fried chicken and porkchops!

JAG mentioned to try it on icecream... havent done that one yet :dance:

That was the perfect way to see how to proceed. Ice cream with a drizzle on it is good, just leave some plain ice cream for cooling your mouth.

it's cool to disagree. everyones taste buds are different. brian has probably added more blueberries to the recipe. it's a good sauce for sure. it got used quickly.

I burned the back of my mouth - the area a few inches below the back of the teeth, just before the slope changes and the surface becomes soft. How do the hippy seed folks do this all of the time?

I poured a liberal amount on my eggs this morning. It was delicious and hot, not unbearable. The sauce has an almost perfect combination of ingredients. My only minor complaint is the sugar. It was a little too sweet. I could have used a little less or none or at all.

An awesome sauce nonetheless.

I just got my jumbo bottle of Piney Hab Extreme refill, the "in-development" strawberry one, and the Tongue Wrapper tonight... and best of all... or rather... the shocking part.... no postage fatalities this time... ahhaha... even in the midst of a postal strike I would have thought the posties would be taking batting practice with the packages.

At any rate almost 8 minutes later I'm still sweating... that is some potent pepper sauce!

Tastes great too... I'd say it is a tie with the Piney Hab/Habex as to my favorite one so far... nicely balanced and not overly sweet and... quite hot for me...perhaps it seems hotter right now because I had a beer just before I had it.. and for some reason beer makes peppers seem hotter for me... but by no means is it way too hot... that is unless your idea of hot is franks extra hot

Anyway it is one I'll need to go in small doses to start.. or put it on food instead of slurping it from a spoon...

I can't wait to try it on some food next time

Back