• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

Smoked Chicken Alfredo Lasagna

Had a lot of shredded smoked chicken that needed using, so here I go with another family favorite.

Smoked Chicken Alfredo Lasagna
I sweated some chopped sweet onion, then added in chopped bell peppers, minced sundried tomato and minced garlic.

Fk7mOOq.jpg

While this was lightly sauteing,  I chopped some fresh Italian parsley and basil.
Added in my chicken and the parsley, basil, oregano and salt.

6GyYSR7.jpg

Let that slow simmer for a bit while I finished of my homemade Alfredo sauce.
Then I added a generous amount of the sauce to the chicken.

FI9rdGw.jpg

Ladled some sauce into the bottom of my pan, a layer of pasta, chicken, cheese, repeat and top with pasta and even more Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses and sauce.

OkgrxXo.jpg

CNILeVm.jpg

Dcg331L.jpg

Tightly cover with foil and into a 375° oven for 45 minutes, then uncovered and brown the top under the broiler.
Let cool a bit before trying to slice and serve.

aAEtAsr.jpg

Alfredo Sauce
This is a doubled recipe .
Melt butter, whisk in cream and bring to slow boil, reduce heat and add in cheese.
Salt and pepper to taste and Parsley if desired.
6c heavy cream
3 sticks of butter
6c freshly grated Parmesan
1/2c Chopped Italian Parsley (optional)
Salt and Pepper to taste

Don't ever be shy about the cheese!

ICuUEEK.jpg

b9iVlKF.jpg

The Money Shot!

That's my sauce, 'cept for some minced garlic. I haven't had a store/restaurant alfredo in over ten years, they just don't measure up.

Love me the alfredo lasagnas! Yours looks rockin', man. 

stettoman said:
That's my sauce, 'cept for some minced garlic. I haven't had a store/restaurant alfredo in over ten years, they just don't measure up.

Love me the alfredo lasagnas! Yours looks rockin', man.
Thank!
I know,right.
Too easy to make great Alfredo sauce at home.

Back